Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 2:50:25 PM EDT
I was wondering how long a Mossberg 590 (9-shot) magazine spring should function reliably when stored compressed (loaded).  FYI, I load only 5 rounds in the magazine and nine at ready on the sling.  Should I replace the spring every couple years?  What is the standard practice for LEO's pump guns that, I assume, are kept loaded in their cars?  [shotgun]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]
My 590 mag spring went dead after a few months being loaded.  When I say dead I mean it wouldn't pop the last few rounds out of the mag.  I had to remove them manually.  Surprised the heck out of me.  Get a Wolff replacement spring.

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I checked the Wolff gun springs website.  It appears that they sell a generic spring that you cut to length.  I was hoping to find a specific replacement.  I did find the Mossberg OEM spring at Brownells for about $7.50.

I suppose that I will continue to keep five in the magazine and replace the spring yearly, unless I can find some dependable data concerning spring life.  It's a cheap and easy PM.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top