Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 1:03:35 PM EDT
What do you think about NIW mag should the be keep NIW or open and use them? One day be a collectors Item?

How about green followers? Need to replace the black ones or leave as is?

Mag Spring do the ever need replaced?

What you opinions

speak now or forever hold you tongue :)

Clinth
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
NIW Mags:If you plan on seling them, collecting them, then yes, you want the untouched so keep them in the wrapper.

Personally, I see this as keeping money in your mattress, If you're not using it it's just paper.  Keeping an untested mag NIW for a "rainy day" or when the SHTF is smart as buying an AR and never shooting it.

Followers:  If your mags are malfuntuctioning or you have a few extra bucks or find a good deal on them, then replace them.

Mag Springs: Eventually they will wear out. Either have extra mags to back you up incase they start to fail or (again) if you have the extra cash or find a good deal on them buy them for when they do.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I collect mags too (By brand)- "Collectors Item" is defined by the existance of collectors. I collect mags- I know other people who collect mags by variety, so, in the acedemic sense, tehy already are "collectors items"- If you are asking "will they ever be worth a ton of money", I doubt it since there are so many- although some brands are harder to come by. Those will carry a premium with collectors.
I have one of each, in original condition- (Although, I don't have an original waffle sided Armalite mag- Someone had one in the exchange for $100, and I missed it [>(][>(])

My "collector" mags aren't touched or altered in any way- My shooter mags are all Green Followers, and refinished with Teflon Kote.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What is Teflon Kote?

Clinth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top