Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 12:56:39 PM EDT
Iam a glock kinda guy but my wife thinks it a good idea to have a safty on the gun we keep loaded.I dissagree but this is a oppertunaty to get a new gun for me!!!Its gotta be cheap unfortualy.CZ or ruger or???Thankful for your input.   [0j]  [uzi]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the CZ will probably not fly. For the safety to be engaged the hammer must be cocked.  My guess is that would not do at all.

A Beretta or Taurus 92 would be a better fit for your particular needs.

Mostly, a real education in what the safety does is needed.  It only hinders the shooters immediate access to firing and may prevent an AD if dropped.

As a defense gun for a novice safeties are bad a idea.  False sense of security and more confusion is all you get from them

2 bits
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Safty issues aside, the CZ 75 is a great pistol. It is one of the most accurate pistols I own. I have not had one problem with the gun in over 1000 rounds. I think it is one of the best deals you can get on a great pistol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I owned a Ruger P90 in .45acp with safety/decocker.  This was their full size model, just like the P89.  Here are the Pros and Cons:

[b]Pros:][/b]

..Reliable-would shoot all types of ammo from HP/SWC/and all RN bullets.

..Great customer service-They fixed a spring even thou I broke it

..Inexpensive--$305 with standard finish and one mag

[b]Cons:[/b]

..Average accuracy at best

..Fat--wide frame and wide grip

..Top heavy--poly frame and steal slide made gun feel "funny" during recoil action of slide

..poor handling--the grip had not enough texture to provide a decnt grip, pistol would easily slide from hand.  Addition of a Hogue grip is almost mandatory.

I haven't owned a CZ75 but have handled them.  They are a lot like a Browning HP, slim, nice angled grip, all metal frame, and better craftmanship.  They are only about $375 in my area and worth the extra doolars compared to the Rugers IMHO.

I agree that you should educate your wife about safeties, I personnal hate them.  I prefer a strong first D/A pull as a safety measure.  I would hate to ever be in the situation were I needed to pull the trigger on my pistol and have it not work because I forgot to take the safety off.  In high stress situations that is an easy thing to forget.

Went I really want high safety I just keep the mag full but the chamber empty.......can't get much safer than that[:D}

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top