Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 11:12:17 AM EDT
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/lordtrader%2Fpatton%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My sister in-law sent me that a couple of days ago.

I think it would look good on billboards along the high-way.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
We should drop as propaganda in Afghanistan
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a damn shame there are'nt any more hero's like Gen. Patton or John Wayne around anymore. [:(]
This country would be a Hell of alot better off if there were!!  

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
We will give these people their "just reward".  As an Air Force General said during Desert Storm.  It is time to put some hate in your heart, and go get these guys.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's a damn shame there are'nt any more hero's like Gen. Patton or John Wayne around anymore. [:(]

ColtShorty

the same from them."
View Quote

Just not [b] "PC" [/b], or its bad  for thier career.. Looks like this [b]might[/b] change soon...
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ColtShorty

the same from them."
View Quote
Not a flame, but why does everyone consider John Wayne a hero.  He filed an for an exemption from WWII so he would not have to leave his family and his budding film career.  Many guys left families behind in order to serve.  He was not rejected for a football injury as some like to claim.

Don't misunderstand.  I like him and watch all his movies when I get a chance, but he was an actor, not a hero.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
E mail me that if you would
Gary
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
E-mail sent.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I love it Patton is one bad ass SOB!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Colt Shorty,  You say there is no one like Patton. But what you fail to realize is American Land Combat doctrine since at least 1980 has used Pattons idea's.  Overwhelming Force, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Combined Arms(Air Land Sea), shock, speed, Manuever, Firepower.  That is why you saw the Heavy Tank Divisions in Iraq charge 400 miles in 3 days. Fearsome.  Firing on the Move. And the Technologies make todays Tank Divisions 100 times more powerful then in the 40's.  Patton could have wiped out most of Europe with a Tank Heavy Division of M1A2 with support&logistics. There would have been nowhere for the Nazi's to hide, Computers,Thermal Sights, Traditional Optics, Night Vision.  It would have been a Massacre. Plus the Chobham Armour of the US M1 MBT would probably Defeat everything up to 120 MM 1940's vintage Shells.  I have seen them fire a 120MM Shell at 25 yards directly into the Frontal Amour of the M1. HUGE EXPLOSION and you see the SHELL, COMPLETELY FLATTENED, FALL OFF THE TANK. ONLY LEFT A BLACK MARK ON THE FRONT OF THE TANK. Incredible.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ColtShorty

the same from them."
View Quote
Not a flame, but why does everyone consider John Wayne a hero.  He filed an for an exemption from WWII so he would not have to leave his family and his budding film career.  Many guys left families behind in order to serve.  He was not rejected for a football injury as some like to claim.

Don't misunderstand.  I like him and watch all his movies when I get a chance, but he was an actor, not a hero.
View Quote

The good Gen. Patton is real, John Wayne just played a real guy on TV[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top