Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 7:04:24 AM EDT
Where is the best and least expensive place to buy shotgun accessories such as side saddles, barrel shrouds, etc.

Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I know brownells has it all but I found them to be a bit expensive.

Scott

Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes...
The "acessory" shotgun.
No faster can a man be laughed off a range by the serious shooters than he show up with a shotgun, complete with

Pistol Rear Grip
Pistol Fore Grip
Side Saddle
Definitley a flashlight of some sort
"Heat Shroud" (Translation- The holes make my gun look meaner)
Maybe a laser sight... And if it's a Mossberg, DEFINITLEY the optional "bayonet"

Ahhhhh yes. What a mean sort this man is, with his acessorized, mean looking shotgun. Strikes fear in the hearts of anti-gunners everywhere, yet only makes other gun owners laugh with his ridicoulous shotgun that looks like it came straight out of a carnival prize booth.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
:) There is nothing wrong with a mag extension and side saddle.  At least Wilson Combat doesnt think so.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
:) There is nothing wrong with a mag extension and side saddle.  At least Wilson Combat doesnt think so.
View Quote

TC doesnt think so either. Its your gun, dont let some arrogant "better than thou" idiot tell you how to customize it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/Gy/ug/pG/gp82830.jpg[/img]

Yeah carrot boy is right. I gonna strip my shotgun, disregard any one elses input on what a good tactical shotgun can be and get a double barrel. Yup! that's the ticket!

[moon]

Schapman43,

The fore end is a Surefire, I ordered from them direct. The heat shield is Mossberg, gunshow buy at $20. The stock is made by Choate, again I ordered directly from them. The scope mount is a B-Square, got it at Gander Mountain for about $30. The OKO reflex I got from one of our guys that purchased it for his LEGP and liked the other scope better, $125.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I think Gunsite uses side saddles.  I can shoot better with my pistol grip buttstock.  Thats the point right? Fing Freak.  [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
There is nothing on my shotgun that does not serve a useful function.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/fv/kv/9u/YJ84635.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget to buy the sling that holds lots of extra shells. It creates the fun challenge of trying to shoot while your gun swings back and forth.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Not to worry, I won't show up at your "Stick Up the Ass Gun Club" you belong to.
I have a nice little 18 and a half inch Mossberg Mariner with ghost ring sights, side saddle, 12 round bandoleer sling, Choate full length stock and a Surefire light on it and I'll put 5 slugs in damn near the same hole at 50 yards and group them less that 3 inches at 100 yards.
What a self righteous dick.
If someone asks a legitimate question why not just answer it.
gunmonkey, any sling can get in the way. The trick to using a bandoleer sling is to have it adjusted and to know how to use it. Obviously something you could not firgure out on your own.

Quoted:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes...
The "acessory" shotgun.
No faster can a man be laughed off a range by the serious shooters than he show up with a shotgun, complete with
Pistol Rear Grip
Pistol Fore Grip
Side Saddle
Definitley a flashlight of some sort
"Heat Shroud" (Translation- The holes make my gun look meaner)
Maybe a laser sight... And if it's a Mossberg, DEFINITLEY the optional "bayonet"

quote]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:20:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey,

This is a photo of my little stash, you can see my Mossberg 500 in the center (1st gun I bought, too!), appropriately accessorized.
[img]http://www.judascradle.com/guns.jpg[/img]

As you can see, it's got a sidesaddle, front & rear pistol grips, a folding stock, and flashight mount. The other ones around it are a Bushy AR-15 w/ AK brake, a Cobray M11/9, a Marlin 7000 .22LR, and a Springfield Armory M6 Scout in 22LR and .410 Gauge. Now, on to the defence...

1)    For anyone who says that a sidesaddle is useless, I defy them to speed load shells from a belt as quick as you can from a sidesaddle. What, like it's a BAD thing to have 6 rounds of 000 Buck on the side of your gun??? Come on...

2)    The folding stock is actually really useful for manuvering around tight corners and hallways, and seeing how I live in an apartment complex, and this is for home defence, that's it's purpose.

3)    The flashlight I have ain't the best (and I'd like a surefire) but it does the trick and it's about 1/3rd the cost. If you don't believe in the usefulness of this addition, I hope you can see in the dark. Or maybe you just have a third arm to hold the light while you look for Mr. Bad guy???

If you want to see a really cool accessory for Mossburg shotguns, check out this website, they sell conversion kits that let you use 10 round drums or 6 round magaizines in your mossburgh, and soon, your remington. [url]http://www.knoxx.com[/url] They've got nice folding stocks too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I have some remmington accessories for sale right now they went on gunbroker twice and didn't sell what are you looking for??
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#15]
If anyone here can tell me what fucking advantage a "heat shield" is, i'll kiss your ass.

What? "Just in case you [i]burn your fingers?!?"[/i]

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF!

So...
Let's take a poll here.
Mossberg owners that have already posted on this thread defending crap acessorized shotties to, say, REM870 owners...
I know SGB is an 870 owner, but he wasn't defending Tac-Star as much as he was attempting to dig at me.
RAF is just jealous he can't get in the club.

So, the MAC11/9 with the mean "barrel extention" speaks volumes, but I digress...

Mossberg owners? How many.
I need a good laugh.
(Also, if you could include how many SKS's you own, that would be a plus too)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top