Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 7:57:01 PM EDT
H&K 94s would have to be pre-ban to have a collapsing stock, just like the ARs, right? If I see one for sale this way, how can I tell if it is pre-ban? The $3000 price tag? And wouldn't it have to have a 16" barrel to be legal as well?

Also, does anyone know if the Special Weapons H&K clones are good? They are less than half the price it seems.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
H&K stopped importing the model 94's back in 1988 so their all (h&k) basicaly preban

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If I remember correctly, HK stopped importing HK 94s back in 1991.  Thus, every HK 94 should be a pre-ban.  For all of you other HK enthusiasts out there, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyhow, although other members of this board (such as SteyrAug) might disagree, Special Weapons does make the best HK clones.  However, keep in mind that ALL HK clones pretty much suck hardcore.  If it was me, I'd much rather buy fewer guns and purchase a real HK.  But then again, if you're on a budget and you still really want an HK-like weapon, then Special Weapons is probably your best bet.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Just found a link for HK 94 import dates from HK Pro.

[url]http://www.hkpro.com/HK94.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
They are all preban and stay away from special weapons they are grap!!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
ALL 94s are preban.

Special Weapons are junk. However I have seen a few guys buy SW receivers and have a REAL HK smith build German HK MP5 parts on them to knock out a cheap sear gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a 94 so excuse my ignorance, but on an HK94, factory equipped with a fixed stock (and never changed), what is the second evil feature for purposes of 922(v)?  (ability to accept hi-cap mags, pistol grip, and...???)
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have a 94 so excuse my ignorance, but on an HK94, factory equipped with a fixed stock (and never changed), what is the second evil feature for purposes of 922(v)?  (ability to accept hi-cap mags, pistol grip, and...???)
View Quote

And it's foreign.  Not made here.
View Quote

....threaded barrel with flash-hider.

Plus it got wacked by the '89 ban of foreign made "non-sporting" guns.

Just check "HKPRO". They DON'T come with threaded-barrel/FH.

No, bayo-lug!! Looks post-ban, except for the '89 thing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

And it's foreign.  Not made here.
View Quote

....threaded barrel with flash-hider.

Plus it got wacked by the '89 ban of foreign made "non-sporting" guns.

Just check "HKPRO". They DON'T come with threaded-barrel/FH.

No, bayo-lug!! Looks post-ban, except for the '89 thing.
View Quote

Thats my point in this hypothetical - the 94's did't come with a threaded barrel or flash hider.  So a NIB, unmolested HK94A2 would be a post ban gun.  Certainly it got in prior to the 1989 ban (922(r)) but it still wouldn't have enough evil features to be a "pre-ban" for purposes of the 1994 ban (922(v)).  Of course, maybe I'm missing something - took me 6 months after getting my Uzi to figure out there was a bayo lug.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top