Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 6:23:32 PM EDT
I have a M4 style ar15 , it has a 14.5" barrel and a phantom flash suppressor, what kinda bayonet would you guys recommend, thaks.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Buck M-9.. expensive though
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a M4 style ar15 , it has a 14.5" barrel and a phantom flash suppressor, what kinda bayonet would you guys recommend, thaks.

[/quote
]Sarco has one made from a K bar that is cool
Hell by 'em all
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Never understood the lodgic of the bayonet on a short weapon.. In todays world the bayonet is only used for crowd control, it looks very intimidating, but why would you want one on a rifle designed for entry work? Just put in another mag!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just put in another mag!
View Quote

For when The Last Mag IS Empty.
^^
[size=1]Allege handgun control master plan for TOTAL
Gun Confiscation Dis-Armament.[/size=1][url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]
[size=1]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY  Implant Micro-chip[/size=1][url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/da/tech.htm[/url]  

Never Again, Never Forget
Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind
We Are At WAR

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]
That M9 is one heavy son of a bitch to hang off the end of a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#7]
so i shouldn't have any trouble installing a bayonet even with the PHANTOM flash suppressor.?

Link Posted: 10/20/2001 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
The M9 is a cool bayo,  but the coolest bayo designed for the AR is the CSOK or Colt Special Operations Knife.

It is similar to the M9 in that it has all of the same nice features, but it also has an electric wire detector along with the wire cutter.  In other words, if you need to cut a wire, but you are not sure if it is powered up,  you can check it by placing the blade on the wire, and a little light will power up in the hilt if there is energy running through the wire.

The only thing I like about the M9 over the CSOK is the little mag pouch that can strap onto the scabbard's exterior.  It can fit a pistol mag or maybe a leatherman.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=941637&a=6889539&p=31322328&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]  Bad pic, good knife.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#9]
coltar1five,
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I hope that you have a pre-ban and the flash supressor is welded on and makes your barrel 16", otherwise the good ol' BATF is going to be looking for you!  Iwouldn't have posted this, but there are a lot of people who think that if you can buy the parts you can build it.  No flame intended - just watching your six.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top