Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2001 5:06:56 PM EDT
Just saw one of the most Liberal assholes I know of slip up and avocate the owning of guns.

He was on the O'Rielly factor talking about giving aid to Afganistan after the war. Oreilly asked him if part of the blame did not lay at the feet of the Afgani people themselves since there are over 23 million citizens and only 4,000 hard line Taliban. Why if things are so bad did they not rise up and make changes. Wellstone then said" WEll, umm, the Taliban are very corrupt, and the poor citizens to [b]not have the weapons[/b] to fight this corruption.

Anyone know how to contact a pro gun group and let them know about this clip?  Might come in very very useful in the future to someone.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw it to0, wish I had the tape rolling....
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This needs to be pinned up for all to read for a long, long time.  In fact, I think I'll make a nice little flyer of this quote for my lab door, including his bio, of course.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Roll tape at 9:00 PDT, they'll play it again...
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
As a side note, after a tornado a year or so ago in MN, Jessie Ventura was at Camp Ripley the same weekend we were up there for some low level training. We got called to ops for a mission brief and found out we would be flying Jessie and his wife to the town where the tornado was. After arriving, he walked around for a while then returned to the helicopter. When he got back, he said "Lets get going, Wellstone is flying in soon, and I hate that sunofabitch". I LMAO.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, I can tape it. Does anyone have any sort of video capture device to take a vcr analog video to digital format for the computer? I want to get a video clip of this all over the internet.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT, He is coming on again right now.

Aviator
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Aviator which town was that?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey Aviator which town was that?
View Quote

Can't remember really. It was not St Peter. Another one up north about a year later.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, I just turned it on and missed that part.  I did see scrolling on the screen that American planes are broadcasting messages in the local languages, with on of the messages being "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE".  I swear that is what the scroll said.  So, are we the Borg now?[:D]

Does anyone know if this particular episode is aired over the weekend?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
What were Wellstone's exact words?  Were they just "do not have the weapons to fight..."?

Or were they something like "do not have weapons, such as guns, to fight..."?

Because if all Wellstone said was "do not have the weapons to fight...," you guys have nothing.  "Weapons" could refer to lots of things such as money, access to the media, and democratically elected organizations.  A punk like Wellstone could easily put a spin on an ambiguous verbal gaffle such as that one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I can turn it from analog to digital.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is as much of a transcript as I want to type. Here they were talking about financial aid to Afghanistan. O is O'Rielly and W is Wellstone:

O: All right well look, I don’t think anyone wants to see people starve. But I believe we have to be fair to the American people here as well as the Afghanis. There are about 26 Million Afghani people, there are about 4 thousand Taliban hard liners who have, uh, brutalized women, who have, uh maimed people, who have fostered terrorism and terrible terrible things. Don’t the Afghan people have any responsibility for that?

W: It’s uh, it’s been an oppressive government that is not at all hesitated to uh, torture and murder its citizens, and uh, I don’t think you can say that uh, innocent children have anything to do with that.

O: You got 26 Million against four thousand, you see what I mean?

W: I see what you mean, but you know, quite frankly when people are desperately poor, they don’t have any of the weapons, they have been terrorized, there’s been torture, quite often it’s hard for people to rise up. There are lots of people that live under these kinds of horrible regimes, and, you know, it’s easier said then done. And in any case, as much as I appreciate your point, it may be beside the point. I think it’s in our national interest to get this humanitarian aid to the people there.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Why dont you just copy down the email address that he always puts up at the end of his show down and then send his office a nice message asking for a transcript with the day and name of the guest in question?

For that matter it might be on the Fox Website.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Because they [b]sell[/b] the transcripts smartass  [:D]

Link Posted: 10/20/2001 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top