Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2007 9:47:56 PM EDT
I remember many years back when I was an avid audiophile I attempted to explain to a coworker how Bose speakers were not the best in the world.  I even brought into work my issues of "Stereophile" and showed him the B&W Nautilus and Wilson WATT/Puppy systems.  Couldn't change his mind, he listened to a Bose Acouti-mass system in a mall stereo shop and it was "the best in the world."  What an stubborn fool.  Anyone else have trouble convincing people they don't have a clue about experiencing audio until they sit in front of some reference monitors in a well designed room and listen to some well recorded music?

Another question what are your top ten picks of audiophile quality speakers?

Wilson Alexandria $135,000 Speaker

Bowers and Wilkins Reference Nautilus Speakers
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I like what I have right now. Vintage JBL 220B's.

ETA For me they are "Audiophile" quality. I don't have the means to pay $10,000+ for a pair of speakers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have always liked Maggies and Vandersteens.  I know that I should like Martin Logans, but I just don't for some reason.

Conrad Johnson amps are really nice, but who can turn down Krell equipment?  Not me -- I have both in grand arfcom tradition, and none new.

You can still get Tweak, buy the way.  The real name is "Stabilant 22" and it's made in Canada.

And Grado headphones are wonderful once broken in, a lot like the sound of Vandersteens.

ETA:

These are probably the best speakers in the world:

www.magnepan.com/model_MG_201
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I listened to many high-end systems in stores throughout the country but I could never slap down tens of thousands of dollars for the equipment.  I don't think I will unless I have a dedicated and properly engineered listening room.  Putting some $3,000 Martin Logans against a wall flanking a huge entertainment system seems like blasphemy to me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
2 channel is dead!
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have always liked Maggies and Vandersteens.  I know that I should like Martin Logans, but I just don't for some reason.

Conrad Johnson amps are really nice, but who can turn down Krell equipment?  Not me -- I have both in grand arfcom tradition, and none new.

And Grado headphones are wonderful once broken in, a lot like the sound of Vandersteens.

But the whole idea about looking through your speakers is kinda of sexy maybe that is why you should like the Martins.  Right you can't beat a Krell with that hypnotizing blue glow (heating up to 1000 degrees while running Class-A).  The Vandersteens are a quality speaker but I thought the aesthetics were always lacking.

I pondered going down the Tube-Amp/Pre-amp/Electrostatic headphone road a few times.  Gets rid of the whole room equation all together.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone remember the German company that made the electrostatic-like metal orb speakers?
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the whole idea about looking through your speakers is kinda of sexy maybe that is why you should like the Martins.  Right you can't beat a Krell with that hypnotizing blue glow (heating up to 1000 degrees while running Class-A).  The Vandersteens are a quality speaker but I thought the aesthetics were always lacking.

I pondered going down the Tube-Amp/Pre-amp/Electrostatic headphone road a few times.  Gets rid of the whole room equation all together.

No -- the directionality that is not supposed to be an issue with the Martin Logans bugs me and oddly doesn't with the Maggies.  Personal preference.  And Krell will hook up a disconnect if you ask them to.  As to the Vandersteen aesthetics, yes, they look odd, even de-socked, but if the music sounds good I can listen with my eyes closed to it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does anyone remember the German company that made the electrostatic-like metal orb speakers?

About 2001 or so?  I remember that one like that went under, but a lot of them did 2001-2002.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
2 channel is dead!

I haven't bought a new CD in over 5 years.  I listen to MP3's on the computer through a Klipsch speaker/powered-subwoofer combo.  Past year I've been downloading Goa-Trance and Ambient music.  I would have never even bought a CD with this type of music had I not found the wonderful world of online music sharing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Been doin this for years now and a lot of people buy into the bose crap. Only speakers they had i liked were the 901's with their own processor but not enough to spend the money on them. Overpriced pieces of crap is what bose is. No highs no lows must be bose is the term. Many high end speakeers out there but the best is what sounds best to you. i tell y customers to listen to each and hear what sounds best to them, they are the ones listening to it not me. they might like more bass or more treble or an all aound sound so depending what they like i tell them to choose. I have  personally been eyeballin Canton for awhile but at $15,000 a speaker i can't justify that. that's quite alot of firearms that i would rather buy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

About 2001 or so?  I remember that one like that went under, but a lot of them did 2001-2002.

I remember some time in mid to late 90's.  It was a three-tiered pineapple shaped speaker.  Each one stacked on the other, high, mid, and low.  Each module had several vertical bands of metal that formed the pineapple.  Very esoteric speakers.

ETA:  Found it mbl 111 mbl 111 Speakers
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Been doin this for years now and a lot of people buy into the bose crap. Only speakers they had i liked were the 901's with their own processor but not enough to spend the money on them. Overpriced pieces of crap is what bose is.

I couldn't stand the 901's, WTF all the speakers aim to the rear!
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Going through my 90's Sterophile magazines, here are some names to remember, man I should get back into Audio now that I have some money:

Wilson Grand Slamm
Aragon
Cary Audio
Paradigm
Jadis
Mark Levinson
KEF
Balanced Audio Technology
Parasound
Thiel
Classe
Threshold
Meridian
Pass Audio
Muse
Stax
Snell
Audio Research
Velodyne
Sennheiser
Hales
Duntech
NHT
McIntosh
NAD
Bryston
JMLab
Gallo Acoutics
mBL
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Going through my 90's Sterophile magazines, here are some names to remember, man I should get back into Audio now that I have some money:

Wilson Grand Slamm
Aragon
Cary Audio
Paradigm
Jadis
Mark Levinson
KEF
Parasound
Thiel
Classe
Threshold
Meridian
Pass Audio
Muse
Stax
Snell
Audio Research
Velodyne
Sennheiser
Hales
Duntech
NHT
McIntosh
NAD
Bryston
JMLab
Gallo Acoutics
mBL

Overpriced and not at all comfortable.  Stick with Grados.  You will be happy you did.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I like my 7.1 Klipsch setup.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wilson Grand Slamm
Aragon
Cary Audio
Paradigm
Jadis
Mark Levinson
KEF
Parasound
Thiel
Classe
Threshold
Meridian
Pass Audio
Muse
Stax
Snell
Audio Research
Velodyne
Sennheiser
Hales
Duntech
NHT
McIntosh
NAD
Bryston
JMLab
Gallo Acoutics
mBL

Overpriced and not at all comfortable.  Stick with Grados.  You will be happy you did.

I'm guessing you own Grados? You're deluding yourself if that's the case. I'd run over every pair of Grados ever made to get to a pair of Sennheiser 650's.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Been doin this for years now and a lot of people buy into the bose crap. Only speakers they had i liked were the 901's with their own processor but not enough to spend the money on them. Overpriced pieces of crap is what bose is. No highs no lows must be bose is the term. Many high end speakeers out there but the best is what sounds best to you. i tell y customers to listen to each and hear what sounds best to them, they are the ones listening to it not me.

Yet if people like them why are they a piece of crap? As you say they are the ones listening.

I was never a Bose fan because they just don't cut it when you want the sound seperation in movies.  I had a Klipsch THX certitifed 5.1 setup for my computer that took a crap and got a good deal on the Bose Companion 5 speakers.  I have to say they sound a hell of a lot better than those Klipsch's did.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yet if people like them why are they a piece of crap? As you say they are the ones listening.

I've worked on several pairs of Bose speakers, IIRC the 300 series and they were built very cheaply.  The crossover components were inline with the wiring hanging in space.  The wiring was some cheap 18 or 20 gauge wiring and the cabinet was all flakeboard with a wood veneer, nothing but crap.  But like I said early I've be out of the audiophile world for about 10 years now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#19]
then good for you. you like them you bought them  i couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wilson Grand Slamm
Aragon
Cary Audio
Paradigm
Jadis
Mark Levinson
KEF
Parasound
Thiel
Classe
Threshold
Meridian
Pass Audio
Muse
Stax
Snell
Audio Research
Velodyne
Sennheiser
Hales
Duntech
NHT
McIntosh
NAD
Bryston
JMLab
Gallo Acoutics
mBL

I'm guessing you own Grados? You're deluding yourself if that's the case. I'd run over every pair of Grados ever made to get to a pair of Sennheiser 650's.

I had some very expensive Sennheisers and a)didn't like the sound as in it was very harsh on recordings that I knew weren't and b)they didn't fit my huge head.  I am not upset because they revealed flaws in cherished recordings -- I don't write for TAS -- I really didn't like the sound.  And they are much, much more expensive, far more than I could see a reason for.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

ETA:

Yep I remember those, remind me of the Infinity Reference Series speakers.  I listened to a set (not really a pair but a quadruple) back in the early 90's I don't remember being all that impressed.

Infinity IRS Speakers
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Yep I remember those, remind me of the Infinity Reference Series speakers.  I listened to a set (not really a pair but a quadruple) back in the early 90's I don't remember being all that impressed.

Infinity IRS Speakers

Oh, those were awful.  I could not understand who liked the sound.  They were warm yet clinical, harsh yet soft, and all of the other worst-of-both-worlds combinations.  But they could be driven LOUD and that impressed some folks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Infinity IRS Speakers

Oh, those were awful.  I could not understand who liked the sound.  They were warm yet clinical, harsh yet soft, and all of the other worst-of-both-worlds combinations.  But they could be driven LOUD and that impressed some folks.

So do you remember the mbl 111 loudspeakers?

MBL 111
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Look almost like the genisis one loudspeaker $90,000 a speaker made by Arnie Nudell who i think founded infinity.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Martin Logans sound  NICE

Definitive  Technology  makes some interesting speakers
www.definitivetechnology.com

Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Infinity IRS Speakers

MBL 111

Wasn't this one of the ones that produced nitrous oxide as it ran, eventually making you really stoned?  You had to keep them in a ventilated area?
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Look almost like the genisis one loudspeaker $90,000 a speaker made by Arnie Nudell who i think founded infinity.

A Success Story Continues

Genesis is world renowned for bringing maximum performance, top quality, and beauty into the home of the audio connoisseur. It has its roots back to 1967, with two visionaries: Arnie Nudell and John Ulrick who formed Infinity Systems and developed the servo-bass system and the Servo-Statik I.

In the 70’s Infinity developed EMIT and EMIM ribbon technology, and the Infinity Reference Standard™. The IRS marked the beginning of the true high-end loudspeaker. Many proud owners still use their IRS after nearly 30 years!

In 1991, Arnie founded Genesis Technologies. Launched with new tweeter design – a circular ribbon tweeter that had a diaphragm that is 10 times thinner than a single strand of human hair, and moving mass that is less than the air in front of it.

The Genesis One launched in 1993 established new world standards in sonic performance beyond even the IRS – with detail retrieval so stunning that you can often hear the performers breathing; with such true three-dimensional imaging that the listener is virtually brought in the presence of the musicians; and a dynamic range so wide that it will take your breath away.

In 2002, another visionary, Gary Leonard Koh, established Genesis Advanced Technologies, hired Arnie, and went on to design and build its best quality yet. The new company married the high sonic performance standards of the old Genesis with style and elegance. In 2003, with the launch of the Genesis 6-series system, it won the prestigious Design and Engineering Award given by the Consumer Electronics Association, and praise from Architectural Digest as “Fidelity meets Style” – a stunning visual statement that you don’t need to hide in the wall. It also garnered effusive praise for its sonic performance in an extensive review in Stereophile Guide to Home Theater.

The Genesis vacuum tube amplifiers launched in 2005 were acclaimed by dealers, customers, and the press as “reference quality” despite the affordable prices. Style and beauty took a step forward with the Genesis 3 – hailed as “American sound with Italian style” by European hifi press.

As we move forward, the company continues to innovate in technology as well as design; focusing on both form and function as we move towards luxury goods that you would be proud to own.

www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Infinity IRS Speakers

MBL 111

Wasn't this one of the ones that produced nitrous oxide as it ran, eventually making you really stoned?

Wow never heard that.  I remember the Quad's and early Martin Logans that caught on fire when played at high altitudes like Denver.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Infinity IRS Speakers

MBL 111

Wasn't this one of the ones that produced nitrous oxide as it ran, eventually making you really stoned?

Wow never heard that.  I remember the Quad's and early Martin Logans that caught on fire when played at high altitudes like Denver.
 They also produced nitrous oxide, but not as much.  I wonder if this is the one I am thinking about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Been doin this for years now and a lot of people buy into the bose crap. Only speakers they had i liked were the 901's with their own processor but not enough to spend the money on them. Overpriced pieces of crap is what bose is.

never said i liked them just that it was the only bose somewhat decent. saw some bose speakers pulled apart and the build quality was a major disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Genesis is world renowned for bringing maximum performance, top quality, and beauty into the home of the audio connoisseur. It has its roots back to 1967, with two visionaries: Arnie Nudell and John Ulrick who formed Infinity Systems and developed the servo-bass system and the Servo-Statik I.

In the 70’s Infinity developed EMIT and EMIM ribbon technology, and the Infinity Reference Standard™. The IRS marked the beginning of the true high-end loudspeaker. Many proud owners still use their IRS after nearly 30 years!

In 1991, Arnie founded Genesis Technologies. Launched with new tweeter design – a circular ribbon tweeter that had a diaphragm that is 10 times thinner than a single strand of human hair, and moving mass that is less than the air in front of it.

The Genesis One launched in 1993 established new world standards in sonic performance beyond even the IRS – with detail retrieval so stunning that you can often hear the performers breathing; with such true three-dimensional imaging that the listener is virtually brought in the presence of the musicians; and a dynamic range so wide that it will take your breath away.

In 2002, another visionary, Gary Leonard Koh, established Genesis Advanced Technologies, hired Arnie, and went on to design and build its best quality yet. The new company married the high sonic performance standards of the old Genesis with style and elegance. In 2003, with the launch of the Genesis 6-series system, it won the prestigious Design and Engineering Award given by the Consumer Electronics Association, and praise from Architectural Digest as “Fidelity meets Style” – a stunning visual statement that you don’t need to hide in the wall. It also garnered effusive praise for its sonic performance in an extensive review in Stereophile Guide to Home Theater.

The Genesis vacuum tube amplifiers launched in 2005 were acclaimed by dealers, customers, and the press as “reference quality” despite the affordable prices. Style and beauty took a step forward with the Genesis 3 – hailed as “American sound with Italian style” by European hifi press.

As we move forward, the company continues to innovate in technology as well as design; focusing on both form and function as we move towards luxury goods that you would be proud to own.

Thanks for that didn't know Arnie was still out there. Was at the cedia show in Denver last year and a lot of the high end dealers didn't even have working displays. wanted to get me to go to ces or sema.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

never said i liked them just that it was the only bose somewhat decent. saw some bose speakers pulled apart and the build quality was a major disappointment.

Bose has been very successful with large venue audio amplification.  They pioneered the Waveguide principle for their movie theater subwoofers.  This is where they should stay but the masses eat up their cheap consumer products and think they have the best speaker ever built.  And yes it does piss me off.

Bose Professional
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#34]
So its common knowledge that the perfect loudspeaker is a pulsating sphere, but why bother when it is not all that unrealistic to forsee a future with people having music wired or maybe even wireless-ed into our brains and bypassing the human ear altogether.
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh Those Glorious Tubes: Cool Headphone Tube-Amps

EarMax Tube AMp

SinglePower Amp

Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for that didn't know Arnie was still out there. Was at the cedia show in Denver last year and a lot of the high end dealers didn't even have working displays. wanted to get me to go to ces or sema.

apparently  Nudell  left in  2006   stereophile.com/news/061206nudell

looks like John Ulrick  is still making some NICE amplifiers
www.spectronav.com/tech2.htm
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Ahh the memories..

I have a friend who happens to be a senior editor of a home entertainment/audiophile mag. I approached him with a plan for a home theatre idea and almost went off the deep end. He was able to get me anything for 30-40% of MSRP and after experiencing his home theatre, I was ready to sell my soul.

A real home theatre is amazing, close your eyes and you're there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#38]
____(insert your phile here)'s ALL SUCK.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Dipshit, you swallow  
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Wow never heard that.  I remember the Quad's and early Martin Logans that caught on fire when played at high altitudes like Denver.  They also produced nitrous oxide, but not as much.  I wonder if this is the one I am thinking about.

Plasma tweeters.

ETA:  They produced ozone.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 2:49:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow I guess I should trash my bose 401's that have worked perfectly for over 18 years. All the experts say thay suck. I'am not going to clame thay are the best speaker out there,but thay have served me well. The 401's sound great to my ears and to everyone that has listened to them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 3:10:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 3:55:31 AM EDT
[#43]
I tried my hand at it, spent a great deal of money on it, and kinda got away from all of it.

I have the baddest home theater of anyone I know.  It shakes the floor, rattles the walls, and looks really good.  But thats not what I built it for.  I built it to sound good, and it does.  I tried the multichannel thing, and realized its pretty hard to get right, so I generally listen to music in two channel.

It takes hours and days of tweaking to get everything "just so".  So my system is optimized for one particular album, my favorite.  It sounds good with everything else, but its perfect for how I want to hear this one song.

My speakers are B&W.  I agree with most of the Bose comments.  Some might sound good initially, but when compared to a "real" system they cannot compare.  They might be great for what they are, but they are NOT a substitute for a high end set up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#44]
i roll my own wish i could post pics.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 7:06:40 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I listened to many high-end systems in stores throughout the country but I could never slap down tens of thousands of dollars for the equipment.  I don't think I will unless I have a dedicated and properly engineered listening room.  Putting some $3,000 Martin Logans against a wall flanking a huge entertainment system seems like blasphemy to me.

I can appreciate that point of view; however,

Martin logans against the wall--blasphemy! These electrostatic speakers like to be 3.5 feet from the wall (at least) and about 5 feet apart. There is just something completely musical about having a speaker without any crossovers (ML CLS IIz) the way women voices never loost their presence and position on the soundstage is just magical. If yo have not heard a pair of CLSs (or Quads) with the low end supported by a subwoofer (such as Velodyne DD18) then you have no idea as to how good a system can sound.

However, if you want to collect a bunch of audiophile equiptment and assemble a killer system, the easiest and least expensive way is to make friends with an audiphile and buy his equiptment when he invariably moves on.

Also note: while digital is in no way loosing ground, analog is making a comeback (LP records, turntables, phono cartriges,...)
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I have always liked KEF and B&W for sheer for value.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#47]
I consider myself mid-fi.

Project SP-1 Turntable w/ SE Pre-Amp
Axiom Speakers
Hsu Sub
Ultrasone Headphones
Rotel 1056 Amp

2 channel is not dead and neither is vinyl.  I enjoy good stereo 2-channel imaging.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#48]
I have some Klipsch 2.1 Promedias for my PC and they are pretty decent.

But I'm more of a 'head'phile - headphones are where it's at for me. Sennheiser 595 for my big ones (hardly ever use them except at home), and Shure E500 for my canalphones

BTW - Grado is good for rock music, but I wanted a more 'clinical' sound (for classical music listening and such) so I went with Sennheiser.

ETA: No highs, no lows - it must be Bose
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I have some Klipsch 2.1 Promedias for my PC and they are pretty decent.

But I'm more of a 'head'phile - headphones are where it's at for me. Sennheiser 595 for my big ones (hardly ever use them except at home), and Shure E500 for my canalphones

BTW - Grado is good for rock music, but I wanted a more 'clinical' sound (for classical music listening and such) so I went with Sennheiser.

ETA: No highs, no lows - it must be Bose

Klipsch 2.1 Promedia's is what I have, THX certified my ass.  The bass distorts like the dickens when playing movies.  I've been looking online at some headphone amps probably tube as I like the sound.  I became a tube convert after working as a repair tech in a music store.  One day the store crew was jamming at close and I was working in the back repairing a Marshall amp.  I had to go out on the floor and unplug one of the guitars from the solid-state amp and plug 'em to a Marshall.  The solid-state sounded so terrible I couldn't take it anymore.  So for all their colorations I wanna try a tube headphone amp.  Any suggestions?  Any suggestions on over the ear headphones, I've always wanted to try a Stax.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
i roll my own wish i could post pics.

Definitely find a way to post.  

I've rolled a paired of mini-monitors with repaired Boston Acoustics 5-1/4" someone blew out and gave me used some catalog special Vifa tweeters.  I liked those a lot but of course I had a biased opinion.  Made over a dozen subwoofers mostly for friends, but a couple for myself.  I subscribed to "Speaker Builder" for several years and only wish I had a workshop to build speakers on my down time.

My current project (3 years now, because I can't get around to it) is a center channel and two dipole surround speakers.  I have a Morel shielded tweeter, some Dayton shielded woofers for the center and some unshielded Daytons and Vifa tweets for the dipoles.

I started the project by modeling the speaker components in Pro/E.  I only have the Dayton woofer done so far.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top