Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2001 7:42:03 PM EDT
Guys, I am thinking to purchase my first FAL, Can you tell me what's the difference between DSA FAL and FN FAL. Preban or Postban? Thank you
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe I should let this go to someone more learned than myself, but I will take a 'shot' at it....

I just bought the DSA..from what I know, they are the FIRST FAL variant to be CNC lathe produced (MAJOR quality upgrade overall) and if my old brain serves me right, around at LEAST a grand price diff....(FN being higher)...

I am sure the others will correct me if I am wrong and/or add more info......

OUT HERE....
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots and lots of money.A friend of mine bought his DSA first,I was so impressed I bought one too. Besides I got tired of hearing him brag about it all the time. This guy has also owned a Steyer and FN FAL he says the quality is the same.The only problem i've had is that some of the mags with followers that have been replaced with really soft aluminum ones. On the last shot they hang up on the bolt hold open. I mean stuck! So bad I thought it was a freak thing,except it happened three times in a row. Stick with the all Steyer mags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
DSA.  No contest.  Consider the 18"bbl. without a muzzle brake on it.  The length of the bbl. is adequate for .308 ballistics and the crown of the muzzle is reachable for cleaning.  Not to mention the sound of the brake won't be there to crispify your eardrums.
Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
DSA makes the finest FAL that has ever been produced. Period. There's several reasons for this and I'll try to cover some of them.

First of all, they manufacture from Steyr blueprints. As a matter of fact, they bought EVERYTHING to produce FAL's from Steyr, except the actual buildings the machinery used to sit in, in Austria. Everything. As I'm sure you know, Steyr needs no help in producing REAL nice guns.

Second, DSA is making new FAL's, minus a few minor import parts. Shoulder stocks and pistol grips are imported. The receivers are made by them, as well as all the important internals and 98% of the rifle. Their barrels are made by Badger(new) , which is an outstanding company that makes some of the finest barrels in America.

DSA benefits from machining their rifles on modern, high tech machinery. The process they use to create FAL's is FAR more modernized and precise than anything FN ever used. Not to mention materials, which are greatly improved over the older import FAL's. If you ever look at an FN FAL compared to a DSA FAL, there's no contest as to fit and finish. DSA is much nicer.

DSA has the benefit of refining their modern FAL's to a standard never before seen in the FAL world. They are not making these rifles by the gazillions for military use, they hand craft each and every one, and trust me, the extra work REALLY shows. The FAL's they make are better in every catagory than any of the originals. By the way, second to DSA, the next best FAL's were not FN's, they were Steyrs. The FN FAL is a more well known version, but the Steyr STG58's were a better made weapon.

DSA has by FAR the best customer service of any firearm maker I have ever dealt with. On more than one occasion, I have talked directly to DSA gunsmiths and the president of manufacturing. On three of those occasions, they devoted more than a half hour discussing my rifle, DSA production techniques, and the future direction of the company. Try getting those results from FN (or anyone else.)

I have absolutely nothing but praise for DSA. They are an outstanding company. Don't forget that our country has become, to a large degree, aclimated to AR style weapons. They are, after all what our military uses, and highly recognizable. That makes their distribution in America easier, due to their wide history here. The FAL is not the same weapon. I think it takes balls of steel to set out making extremely high quality battle rifles in this country that are not AR's. The political climate is anything but condusive to that. Not only has DSA made modern FAL's here in America, but they do so to a standard never before seen.

If you ask me, they're a damn national treasure. I was toying with getting a beautiful HK91, but went with DSA instead. Now that I have owned it and shot it quite a bit, I wouldn't trade my DSA for ANY HK91. New or not.

My DSA is the SA-58 Limited Edition lightweight carbine, with a production run, on my specific rifle, of ten guns. I have never seen another rifle, of any kind, that out performs or is made better. By far the best $1600.00 I have ever spent.

Lifetime waranty, incredible customer service, brand new rifles that are hands down the finest FAL's ever made, and all created right here in America.

Go with DSA, you'll never look back.

[url]www.dsarms.com[/url]

Link Posted: 3/2/2001 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you very much, guys!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The only reason I didnt go with DSA when I bought my FAL was , I didnt like doing business with a company that only had a PO Box and no address, but I have heard nothing but good things about them, My FAL is fine and I wont be selling it ever.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just about 10 days ago, I bought my DSA "Kit" gun for 795.00. This gun is not only excellently done, but you would never know it wwas built from a kit. They use Austrian part kits from Steyer with their rcvr(choice of type 1 or 2) and it comes with a limited lifetime rcvr for 795.00

You can't beat it and it shoots like a dream

here's my post from my first range trip with it last Saturday
http://www.fnfal.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/007010.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top