Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 10:52:35 AM EDT
www.allianceairshow.com-------THE BLUE ANGELS ARE COMMING.......I saw them practicing yesterday....woohooo
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to hit it, but I'm going out to Shreveport for the races that were rained out last weekend. Enjoy the Angels; they put on a hell of a show.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#2]
We'll be there. We'll be at the Bell Helicopter Tent. Hope to see ya!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there Sunday!
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Going Sunday too. Look for a dude that about as wide as he is tall with a Shiner Bock t-shirt, mirrored sunglasses and a camera.[:D]

Havent seen the Angels since they were flying A4's. Should be good.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Fantastic show!  This makes you proud to be an American.  We got to spend the day with hound and psyren. We'll be there again tomorrow. Look for the pretty redhead chasing three little indians, and the short cowboy around the Bell Helicopter tent and you've found us! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The Lovely Bride, the three Mutant Offspring and yr fthfl svnt will arrive around 1100 tomorrow (Sunday) for the festivities.  We'll look for you at the Bell/Textron tent.

Should we bring folding chairs?  Refreshments?  Valium??
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Is a bottle of Crown out of the question???
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Los Angeles Times: Navy's Blue Angels Team Performs

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-blue-angels1020oct20.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnation%2Dheadlines[/url]

Navy's Blue Angels Team Performs
By Associated Press

October 20 2001, 8:19 PM PDT

FORT WORTH, Texas -- The Navy's Blue Angels precision flying team Saturday gave
its first performance since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, drawing an audience
decked out in red, white and blue.

About 75,000 people attended the International Air Show at Alliance Airport in
Fort Worth. U.S. Navy Secretary Gordon England said the size of Saturday's crowd
showed how much people support their country and military.

"The nation now knows who the real heroes are, and they are not the rock stars
and the athletes, they are the people in uniform," he said.

As the six Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornets roared straight toward the crowd in a
three-tiered triangle, one of the planes pulled up, leaving an empty space in
the sky. The Missing Man formation was in honor of those who died Sept. 11 in
Washington, New York and Pennsylvania.

Although some of the pilots said they would rather be fighting in Afghanistan,
they said their place now is to recruit and keep contact with the public.

"Everybody has a mission to follow. Right now our mission is to keep spirits
up," Navy Lt. Cello Caceres said.

Copyright 2001 Associated Press
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Outstanding show. It was the first air show I've been to in 15 years or so. All kinds of static displays from a B1 bomber to the largest transport plane in the world with some WWII War Birds thrown in for good mesure. They even had the Shockwave jet powered truck there. How does a truck that can go 375mph sound? LOUD!!!

The Blue Angles were awesome. I had a seat right at mid field and almost ever pass was either right in front or overhead.  Wow.

The highlight act of the day for me though was the jet powered WACO biplane. The pilot must have a brass set!!  Everything was fast and close to the ground. I thought he had plowed it in several times.

My face is sunburned and my legs hurt from walking about 20 miles (or so it seems[:D])but all worth it for sure.

Kelly came by the tent but didnt know who to ask for, maybe next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top