Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2007 4:49:09 PM EDT

How fucking hard is it to dial 7 correct digits?

And do people even listen to what you say when you answer the phone?  If you answer as XXXXX business, WTF do they ask if so and so is there?

What makes it even worse is when you tell people they have the wrong number, yet they still call the same damn number again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
"and the Too Much Coffee Award goes to..."

Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
String them along until they catch on. My record is 5 minutes, he was confused when he realized it wasnt Elray or whoever!
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
"I'm sorry, Debbie can't come to the phone right now. She's sucking my d--ck, but I'll have her call you back just as soon as she gets done..." click

I just love wrong numbers!
- Danny DeVito, Ruthless People
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I got flowers and a date out of a girl that called the wrong number.  Seize the opportunity.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]
the OP needs to calm down, mistakes happen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got flowers and a date out of a girl that called the wrong number.  Seize the opportunity.

Then you find out she's Madaline Albright or Janet Reno's lookalike.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"and the Too Much Coffee Award goes to..."

I don't drink coffee.  Did have a BooKoo about two hours ago though.

I wouldn't complain if it only happened every now and then.  I don't know what it is about the numbers here at work, but we get at least 5 wrong number calls a week.

One of the many things I don't miss about having a landline at home.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it usually the same wrong number?

Are you a digit or two away from say, the pizza joint?
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is it usually the same wrong number?

Are you a digit or two away from say, the pizza joint?

Nope, always different people.  Wanting to know if Johnny, Joe, Kenny, etc. are here.  Always different people asking for different people.

This post brought to you by the first wrong number of the week (at least at night).  I answer the phone with the business name, the guy asks, 'What ya doin?'.  When I reply with the business name, he says, 'huh?' and starts yelling at someone.  I just hung up the phone, guess he got the message since he didn't call back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I get a call from some lady every week at work. I say my company name and my name, she says sorry wrong number and hangs up.

It is the only time my hone rings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Holy fucking resurrected thread batman!

micky johnny, maybe the chick is trying to pick you up...ever think of that?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

But, did you get pie?  That's the REAL question.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Yeah...I'll say.

My home number used to belong to

1) Enterprise Rent A Car
2) A re-sale shop
3) deadbeat named Earl that now lives in the next town over

I have fun with it.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#14]
The local Super8 advertised their number wrong. They advertised it as our home number, which is one digit off.
It's amazing how rude people can be at 2am when you refuse to tell them they correct number of the super8 motel.
The super8 management, and super8 corporate office didn't seem to care that they listed the number wrong.
We finally got google, msn, and yahoo set straight, but still get a call every once in a while.

Actual conversation at 2am
Ring Ring Ring
Me: "Hello"
Them: "Uh hello"
M: "Who is this"
T:  "No who's this"
M: "You are calling my number who is this"
T:  "uh                                                                                  Is this the super8?"
M: "I'm sorry, they listed their number incorrectly, this is a private residence"
T:  "Whats the number to the super8"
M: "I'm sorry, but I get 20 calls a day for an irresponsible business who can't advertise their number correct, I will not convey business for them"
T:  "Dude why cant you just tell me, it's only once"
M: "No"
T:  "You don't have to be a dick about it"
M: CLICK
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I hate when people call a business asking if someone just called them from their, cause the number showed up on their caller ID. Used to happen all the time at my old job. How the hell am I supposed to know and NO I am not giong to run around and find out by asking every employee here. Stupid!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The local Super8 advertised their number wrong. They advertised it as our home number, which is one digit off.
It's amazing how rude people can be at 2am when you refuse to tell them they correct number of the super8 motel.
The super8 management, and super8 corporate office didn't seem to care that they listed the number wrong.
We finally got google, msn, and yahoo set straight, but still get a call every once in a while.

Ring Ring Ring
T:  "uh                                                                                  Is this the super8?"
M: "I'm sorry, they listed their number incorrectly, this is a private residence"
M: "I'm sorry, but I get 20 calls a day for an irresponsible business who can't advertise their number correct, I will not convey business for them"

Start taking reservations.  After enough pissed off people show up at the Super 8 wondering why they don't have a reservation, Super 8 will change their number.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I worked at a movie theater when I was in high school-we had a payphone in the lobby that was 1 digit off from pizza hut. I took about 200 orders for delivery from that phone.

When they called back looking for their pizza, I was always sure to tell them it would be there in 20 minutes and be free. After all, customer service is important!

The ones I really hate is the idiots who not only can't dial a phone correctly, but no speaka de englisho. I had one tard call me 4 times in 30 minutes looking for Jesus. The fifth time they called, he had an english speaker there to talk to me. I told him he'd reached ICE, and we were sending someone over immediately. Never heard back from him again.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I hate when people call a business asking if someone just called them from their, cause the number showed up on their caller ID. Used to happen all the time at my old job. How the hell am I supposed to know and NO I am not giong to run around and find out by asking every employee here. Stupid!

I call back any numbers that hang up on me. Several times, just to make sure they really didn't need to speak to me.

And nothing beats returning a call at 0300. Dial my house, leave me a message asking for Roberto or Clancy, and I'll call you back at my convenience-while I have my morning cup of coffee and a dump.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yeah...I'll say.

My home number used to belong to

1) Enterprise Rent A Car
2) A re-sale shop
3) deadbeat named Earl that now lives in the next town over

I have fun with it.  

What? It was just sitting there on page 155 of the GD.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#20]
If life is good enough that wrong numbers are a "big deal" for you, count your blessings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What? It was just sitting there on page 155 of the GD.

As are most of my posts...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#22]
On my cell, people often confuse the first three numbers its either XX0 (mine) and XX1 (guy who owns roofing business in same city) so I get wrong numbers all the time.  Simple mistake.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Try getting them from Ghana on almost a daily basis.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=622759

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"I'm sorry, Debbie can't come to the phone right now. She's sucking my d--ck, but I'll have her call you back just as soon as she gets done..." click

I just love wrong numbers!
- Danny DeVito, Ruthless People

I actually did something like that!

This peckerhead called looking for chickie.  I told him he had the wrong number and he WOULD NOT accept that.

I finally told him he was correct, and she was nekkid in the bedroom waiting for me to hang up.  AND, he should come over and make something of it.

My wife was giving me the strangest looks while I was talking.  I kept an eye on the news, but never heard about any murders...

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh, and my CURRENT number...

It used to be for an accountant who never bothered to tell his clients his new number.  After YEARS of that crap, I now tell them his is in prison for embezzlement.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ring Ring Ring

Start taking reservations.  After enough pissed off people show up at the Super 8 wondering why they don't have a reservation, Super 8 will change their number.

And offer the the Presidential Suite upgrade for free.  Tell them they're the 10,000 customer this year, and they'll get a complimentary dinner and champagne.  Ask if they'd like a limo to pick them up.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Our home phone number when I was younger was one digit off from a shitty bar across town.   Every Friday or Saturday night my friends would be over playing Halo and answering all of the wrong number calls.

"Nah, she ain't here, she left with some black guy."

"Yeah, she's here.   No, fuck you, you can't talk to her."

"Maybe they're here, maybe they aint.  What you gonna do about it hot shot?"

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Try getting them from Ghana on almost a daily basis.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=622759

you win!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#29]
"Hello?"

"Hello is stacy there?"

"Stacy?"

"Yea, Stacy..."

"Oh, yea she's right here!"

"k"

*crickets*

"Can I talk to her?"

"no"

"why not?"

"because"

"what the hell?  put her on the line."

"ok"

*crickets*

"stacy?"

(me again, male voice) "hey"

"dude what the fuck!?"

"what?"

this went on for, I shit you not, 10 minutes before he finally asked if it was even the right number...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#30]
The one's I REALLY love are the redialers.  They dial your number by mistake, then dial it again 10 seconds later!

You just KNOW they hit "redial" expecting it to be the right number!

The Memphis area has more than it's share of idiots...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top