Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 7:25:54 AM EDT
This topic is posted in the History Forum also

One of the attractions to terrorists is the successful track record of the use of terror in history. I notice today the government of Israel is all up in arms about their Minister of Tourism being assassinated. Of course Israel coming down hard on the PLO  will not help the U.S.’s position with the world’s Muslim population. Muslims are well aware of how Israel came into being; by the use of terrorism - the Stern Gang [url] www.ipsjps.org/html/jheller.html[/url] - against the British in Trans-Palestine in the late 1940s.  [url]www.cdiss.org/terror_1940s.htm[/url]  contains a list of some of those acts along with others around the world at that time.  The success of terror to establish a Jewish state along with other perceived terrorist successes have to be noticed by groups around the world.

Did the British brand American colonists as outlaws, rebels, terrorists in their attempt to form a country? Did they view the Irish people as outlaws, rebels, terrorists in their attempt to form a country? Did the monarchy of France view the backers of the French Revolution as outlaws, rebels, terrorists?  Surely the Tsar felt the same ref  Bolsheviks, Constitutional Democrats (Kadets), Mensheviks, Nationalists, Octobrists etc.  How about China, Mexico, countries of South America in the 1820s, Cuba, on & on & on.  Viewing the success of terrorism as a tool to achieve an end, it becomes very apparent that wining a war against it will be very difficult, more so now since some terroristic goals are not so easily defined and the groups so small.

Try to list other events in history that could be viewed as a “win” for terrorism.

KLA & Kosovo
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Got this in my e-mail this morning:

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which
killed six and injured 1,000, President Clinton
promised that those responsible would be hunted down
and punished.

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed
five U.S. military personnel, Clinton promised that
those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia,
which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military
personnel, Clinton promised that those responsible
would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa,
which killed 224 and injured 5,000, Clinton promised
that those responsible would be hunted down and
punished.

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed
17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors, Clinton promised that
those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated
7,000 people would be alive today!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Appears those events might be viewed as successes in a different way.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The success of terror to establish a Jewish state along with other perceived terrorist successes have to be noticed by groups around the world.

View Quote

You are EXACTLY right here, but be prepared for the anti_Semitism charges that are SURE to come your way.

Just like the antis we are ALL united against, many here like to fling accusations at those who present the truth that they don't like.

Funny how they back the Israeli use of terrorism to achieve an anti-Arab goal, but they deplore the use of Arab terrorism to achieve an anti_Israeli goal.

Makes me wonder which side of their face I need to be talking to.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Did I make a anti-Sementic remark?  Too often people read anti-Sementic when the point is really anti-Zionist!  But I didn't make a judgement on that either just stated the facts.

In that case (Jews vs Brits in Trans Palestine) the terrorists did help acheive their goals & may be a reason Israelis are so sensitive about terroristic campaign aimed at them.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did I make a anti-Sementic remark?  Too often people read anti-Sementic when the point is really anti-Zionist!  But I didn't make a judgement on that either just stated the facts.

View Quote

My take was that you made a simple statement of fact as to how Israel got its "homeland" - wrestling it away from people who had lived there for 1,000+ years.

My point was that people will IMO willingly misinterpret what you say, and label you an "anti_Semite" becasue they are incapable of handling the truth contained in your post. Just like the anti-gun folks do to all of us..

And for the record, I AM anti-Zionist. But very pro-Jewish (or at least as much as I am pro-Irish, pro-Australian, or pro-Botswanian.)

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top