Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 9:37:47 PM EDT
Tonight, in his monologue', he mentioned about the Jets player being arrested with an 'automatic' assault weapon and went ballistic about 190 rounds of ammo.  190 rounds ain't squat.  I tried through the NBC website, but their mail server is down for maintenance, so maybe if someone has a direct e-mail address for this idiot, I would like to straighten him out.  Of course, all the news media keep saying 'automatic' rifle in this case, but this is a result of what many of us rail against when we here someone here use the term 'assault rifle'.  This is a result of the Klinton administration purposely and deceptively applying the misnomer of 'assault rifle' to semiautomatic AR15's, AK's, and even SKS's.  I read where that was part of their plan.  By applying the label based on the fact that it looks like an M16, they planned to confuse the public.  Well, it looks like it's working.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Writing a real letter is almost always more  effective than e-mailing one (although they may not be opening much mail these days!). Here's the standard NBC address:

NBC
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have noticed thru the years that Leno is pro car and anti gun .
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah Leno doesn't make sense. Likes cars but doesn't like weapons. I think he has gone soft because of smelling too much booty. Last nite he had Heather Gramh (sp) and Darell Hanna on. What a job get paid millions to talk to beautiful women. Man where did I go wrong?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Writing a real letter is almost always more  effective than e-mailing one (although they may not be opening much mail these days!). Here's the standard NBC address:

NBC
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523
View Quote

Just make sure the return addy does not say Anne Thracks![:D]

I don't think that I will be writing any of those people (Media or Hollywood) because the envelope would probably show up with some type of powder on it!
Then I would be arrested..."Pro-life, Pro-gun nut sends suspicious letter to whoever!"

BigDozer66   [marines]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NBC
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523
View Quote

Just make sure the return addy does not say Anne Thracks![:D]

I don't think that I will be writing any of those people (Media or Hollywood) because the envelope would probably show up with some type of powder on it!
Then I would be arrested..."Pro-life, Pro-gun nut sends suspicious letter to whoever!"

BigDozer66   [marines]
View Quote

Those were my thoughts too.  I am reluctant to write a letter because if, somehow, it came into contact with some infected item, the headline you mentioned would be all she wrote.  They would rather get an e-mail at this point.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Jay Leno is cool, but somewhat uneducated about firearms. He is not a flaming liberal like Bill Maher and others, so that is good. He jut says what his writers write for him.

I saw an episode a few years ago where he did the "I Gotta See It" skit and somebody said they had to see somebody get shot wearing a bullet-proof vest. He took Ed Hall to get the NBC Bullet-Proof vest, but some woman put her sweather over it and they grabbed the sweater. As Ed is going on about he doesn't feel good about this, Jay reaches into his car and gets an Uzi and say "Yeah I've been having trouble with some of the kids in my neighborhood, so I have this my car." He then opens up in Full-Auto. and Ed falls down shot to death.

Skit was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the Jets player will sue anyone for liable since he wasn't arrested for & did not have an automatic weapon?

Maybe the settlement would pay his legal fees for what he did have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top