Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 9:25:19 PM EDT
I would just like to comment on this. Russia said it cannot allow the US to widen the war to include IRAN/IRAQ.  I am taking this to mean that everytime we want to widen our war we will have to give russia something in exchange for their lost power. Are others reading this the same way??  
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think this is an issue that the Ruskies are going to be bought out on. This war is a little close to their home turf and they will not allow the us to become the power there. One country that realy fu...up? sure! but when you talk a region,,,, no way in hell...pat
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yah, Right! Those folks can't even keep their country going, their navy afloat, the army from starving, or a space craft in orbit.  What are they going to do about it? They are financially bankrupt.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
They cant hold their country together ... but they can sway international opinion. They can also sent the bad guys all kinds of nasty stuff to use on us. They are not stupid nor weak, dont ever forget their fights on the eastern front if you think they are weak, and dont ever forget that they put up space stuff before we did if you think they are stupid.
Dont make an enemy of the Russians. I dont doubt that we would win a war with them but let me say that it would make any previous war look like a police action.
Just as when we said no you cant put a misle in Cuba They will say keep your hands off the region. And their "request" will stand unchallenged.....
Even if you do stil think they are stupid, and weak, which is a worse case situation... can you imagin 250 million weak hungry stupid people with nukes being told to fu... off
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Even if you do stil think they are stupid, and weak, which is a worse case situation... can you imagin 250 million weak hungry stupid people with nukes being told to fu... off
View Quote

True, true.  I wonder what's gonna happen IF the Feds can trace the anthrax to Iran/Iraq?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Will be a very bad day for every one, and I hope cool heads prevail. I think the Ruskies would stand with us or even do the iran/iraq thing for us with enough proof... just to keep us out!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]
... corrective action:

Make business with the U.S. more lucrative then Iraq & Iran.

... Remember, it's a part of the old Soviet doctrine to bargin every part of world economic policy they can, and right now they have more leverage than ever.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't trust Russia. Don't trust Chinia. These two nations would love to see America fall. And the way things are going, think about it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#8]
DAMN IT!  O-well if Russia says so[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top