Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 9:18:24 PM EDT
Yup, another "what do you think of this gun?" thread...I got to finger one today (The brigadier model in stainless) and am thinking about adding it to my collection.  Anybody with any experience with this one care to share?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It's one of the finest handguns made.  What else do you need to know?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I gotta stainless and a black, I like my black best, has NEVER jammed over thousand rounds.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 96FS (not the brigadier).  My brother has one in stainless.  They are great guns, I will never sell mine.  I have put thousands of rounds through it, I've only had 2 jams while using S&B ammo, and both rounds were from the same box.  The grip fits my hand very well (it is a bit large for my wife).  The controls are all easy to reach for me.  I love this gun.  It is no carry gun, but it is not meant to be.  It's a bit heavy but that helps with recoil.  You will not be disappointed with one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Some dude at my range always shoots one. I've shot it.
I'm not fond of the Beretta 92/M9/1951/M96 system (I think it's a tad too big)- but I wouldn't hesitate to buy that gun (The 96).

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]
It's too late if you've fondled it already.
You must buy it.

My preference is the Beretta 96.
A Centurion and a Standard model.
Trijicons are in the works for the Centurion, I just have to get off my butt and send the money, coupon and slide in.
Mec-Gar Target sights on the other 96, standard black, not white dots or white outline.
They like the Speer Gold Dot 180's I found out recently. Both pistols shot this same round POA/POI.  Good to know.

The Brigadier/Elite with the beefed up locking block area is great if you're going to shoot a lot of rounds, otherwise, the standard slide will suffice.

Try the Beretta Forum for some good info and feedback, too.
[url]http://www.beretta-forum.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Very fine handgun.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy the fucker, you won't be sorry.  Beretta makes some of the world's best production pistols.  I got rid of all my full-size 9mm's except one, and that's 'cause I just can't bear to get rid of my 92G.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Beretta 96G Elite II is THE best gun period for it's price range. I wouldn't buy anything else.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive had a 96FS for about 6 years now and have never had a misfire or failure to feed with it and I use the cheapest ammo I can find in it. Mine is very acurate also but took the wife to the range to shoot it once and it had her all over the place![:)]

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I purchased on three weeks ago... Got a heck of a deal on it, and am extremely happy with it.  It is one of my definately take to the range everytime weapons.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Beretta Elite w/ Brigidier Slide in .40 S&W.

I bought some 180gr Belleir & Bellot, but then found a websight which was speaking of SAAMI rules and such.  Said don't fire 180gr rounds through the Beretta. But then I found a websight that said that most manufacturers know that 180gr is too much for the .40 S&W and so they load them lighter.  Does anyone have any information on the 180gr B&B Full Metal Jacket rounds. I was going to use them for plinking but now I just have 2 boxes of them sitting.

Ben
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#12]
they are very nice wepons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top