Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 10:58:29 AM EDT
Berkeley Already Feeling Backlash From Anti-War Vote

Oct. 18 (AP) — The city of Berkeley is already feeling a backlash in the wake of a resolution asking the Bush administration to end the attack on Afghanistan.

Rachel Rupert is chief executive officer of the city's Chamber of Commerce. She says several large conferences have canceled bookings. Restaurants are reporting reservations are being canceled.

She says people calling in the cancellations are making it clear that Tuesday's vote is the only reason.

She says approval of the resolution is going to continue to impact business in the community. She feels there wasn't enough thought given to that impact before the resolution was introduced.

But council member Kriss Worthington, who supported the measure, blames the reaction on the chamber and on council members who opposed the resolution.

Worthington says they have publicly discussed the idea of a boycott of Berkeley over the measure — and that's what will really hurt business.
View Quote

[url]abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/101801_nw_attacks_berkeley_vote.html[/url]

That Kriss Worthington is a total screw ball. What a POS.

I hate to see the local businesses pay the price, but they choose to operate there so screw it.

That city will never stop being a joke. What idiots.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
She says approval of the resolution is going to continue to impact business in the community. She feels there wasn't enough thought given to that impact before the resolution was introduced.
View Quote

Wow!  Now that's a huge freakin' surprise.  Imagine a liberal doing something without giving it enough thought.  At least this braindead, bottom-feeding liberal has figured out that lack of thought is her problem.

"Do what you will,
just never accuse a liberal of thinking."
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]Berserkely[/b]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
My sister used to live in Berkeley before moving to one of the wealthier suburbs. I'm sure she feels exactly the same way. I avoid talking to her about issues, I prefer just banging my head against the wall. I must have been adopted.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow!  Now that's a huge freakin' surprise.  Imagine a liberal doing something without giving it enough thought.  At least this braindead, bottom-feeding liberal has figured out that lack of thought is her problem.

View Quote

LOL!!! Too true!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
you know what is going to happen?  
They are going to move elsewhere, to your neck of the woods.
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...[Rachel Rupert] says people calling in the cancellations are making it clear that Tuesday's vote is the only reason....

...But council member Kriss Worthington, who supported the measure, blames the reaction on the chamber and on council members who [i]opposed[/i] the resolution. (emphasis added)
View Quote

Typical liberal POS points the finger of blame at anything else but their own stupidity. They made their bed, now they'll have to lie in it. [rolleyes]
View Quote

And it COUND NOT [size=4]POSSIBLY [/size=4] be that this Liberal POS is wrong. Oh no - the resolution was right - just somebody else screwed it up.

It continues to amaze me that all true Liberals haven't been run into the sea by the folks with brains.

"Liberalism is NEVER having to say you were "wrong."

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
This is what happens when you vote while stoned.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Dona Spring, the council member who proposed the resolution:

[img]http://www.robertotani.net/images/dona_spring.jpg[/img]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that's actually a botched abortion, and I'm suing for malpractice. Get it freakin' right, doc!!!

[}:D]

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure MOST local businesses are run by and cater to the same liberals. Screw them, let them choke on their own fallout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top