Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 10:24:49 AM EDT
how do these compare with gi issue?  Do they work as well?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
They are supposed to be equal to USGI mags - snap them up if the price is right.  

I learned the hard way - pass on the USA mags.  Did not lose much money on them.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no personal experience with the Norincos but I ahve heard they are less durable than usgi`s, I have heard it so much that I wont take a chance. I have a S/A mag that the lip broke, I dont know where they get theirs but it isnt usgi.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Carbon, if these are original ChiCom magazines then they are very good.  Usually, they will be wrapped in rice paper and packed in grease.  USGI were never packed that way.  Most of the ones I have used are a dark grey color and of heavier guage steel than USGI.  They have the spot-welded mag catch block on the rear and no manufacturer markings.  Although they are very good, I have found a few where the tolerances are not quite up to spec. causing feed and reliability problems.  If you can get them for a good price then try a few.  IMHO, they are not quite up to the quality of USGI.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
The ChiCom mags are not quite as good as USGI, but a hell of a lot better than USA mags.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The ChiCom mags are not quite as good as USGI, but a hell of a lot better than USA mags.
View Quote

I'll second what Hvy said. Save your french fry money, and spring for USGI.

You can usually get pretty good prices at [url]www.cole-distributing.com[/url]

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a few dozen of the Chicom mags and they fit/function in my four M14 type rifles just as well as my USGI mags. Buy them...
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen them, and I have a Chi-Com M-14 Sporter. Where did you find them?

I got a POS USA with mine. I would love to have an original Chi-Com mag.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are every bit as good as U.S.G.I. I have 10 M-14 mags other than the finish on the 2 Chinese mags(light grey w/no markings) you can't tell the difference from the G.I. mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top