Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 9:26:18 AM EDT
Yea right.

The media in this country is a fucking joke.

How many freaked out, running around like a chicken without a head civilians have you seen today?

How the hell do we get them to knock off the dramatic overkill we're all suffering here ?

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as they get the ratings and market share, sensationalized journalism will continue to exist.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the media is pretty annoying.  One station here in Richmond said they are no longer going to report hoaxes or illegitamate scares that they know to be one of the two by airtime.  They are the only station here that has done this so far.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#3]
It's disgusting and an insult to those with real reasons to panick (like all those surviving spouses and children who had their loved ones murdered on 9-11).

They shut down the Capital for ONE DAY on 9-11.  Now, because of this anthrax bullshit, it's going to be shut down for almost a WEEK!  One person has died, and the media is calling this anthrax "attack" the new "Blitz" (referring to the Nazi air war over London- BTW, thousands upon thousands died in the first month of that engagement).

Fear is terrible thing.  If those envelopes went to some pig farmers in NC and not congressmen and Brokow, the media would not be airing this stupid freak-fest 24-7.

I will not watch the news now unless it's breaking.  Otherwise, I check it out in the a.m. before work and before I go to bed.

Oh yea, and I check out what you guys are saying.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, they shut down a wing of BWI airport yesterday for an Anthrax scrare - turned out to be coffee creamer.  That sounds like panic to me.

Ft. Detrick, MD is busy testing hundreds of "anthrax" samples that range from coffee creamer to flour off the bottom of a pizza.

I'd count that as panic.

Sure, people aren't running in the streets, but many are microwaving or ironing their mail, and the USPS is wearing gloves and masks.  That's a bit panicky
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#7]
And people thing the rag heads are stupid! IF we call 911 when our own army lands how can we expect to win a war were intell is king????
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally think it is kinda cool to be swept along this BS media created hysteria.  I haven't had this much fun in awhile.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, the Al Quaida will use bright yellow canopies with ARMY written on them, wear bright yellow jumpsuits, fly huge American Flags, trail colored smoke visible for miles, in broad daylight, when they invade TEXAS!

That's bullshit. Their jumpsuits will be tan.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top