Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 5:46:28 AM EDT
The Taliban counteroffensive near the strategic northern Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif has been reported to have failed, according to Russian news service Itar-Tass.

See the story at:[url]http://www.itar-tass.com/asp/message2.asp?lang=en&lenta=usa-en&text_id=402883[/url]

I'm certain the Russians are getting a real kick out of seeing their former (and current) enemies getting their asses handed to them!

Eric The(OhNo,DoesThisMeanI'mPro-Russian?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Eric it seems very odd to read a russian newspaper that has WAR against Terror and Bush's face on the top.  My God how things have changed.  I remember my Uncle telling me he would be sitting in his office in Germany reading the Soviet newspapers day in and out with the other non-coms back in the 80's to try to garner peices of information.  It was easy back then their was such tight control the psychology of writers and sometimes the authorities would betray what was truly the story.

Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top