Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 5:34:48 AM EDT
I received an email from another member who was upset with a post I had made directed towards him.  [b]I wanted to publicly say that, if I read into his post the wrong way, I am sorry.[/b]  However, I was disturbed by the suggestion that I treat other members in a bad way.  If I have, then please read my response to the email for an "apology" of sorts:
At first I had no idea who you were or what you were talking about...  But, since in my whole time on AR15.com, I have only ever "attacked" one person, I must assume you are "punkatomic."  (At least, I think that was the screen name)

Your post insinuated or suggested that I was a paranoid and/or sensationalist media sheep that posts(ed) "the sky is falling" type crap.  Well, you couldn't be farther from the truth.  And, probably more than anything else, that insinuation is very insulting to me.  Now, maybe that wasn't your intent, I don't know.  The problem with posting on a board like that is your comments need to be very clear otherwise they can and will be interpreted in ways you might not have intended.  If you are trying to tell me that you did not mean to offend me then I would most certainly apologize to you.  Perhaps you can elaborate on your intentions?

As for what kind of person I am and how I treat other board members, you are barking up the wrong tree.  I would hope that my actions on the board so far speak for the kind of person I am.  If you really care to know what kind of member I am, shoot an email off to Goatboy or DonR or just post a thread and see what people have to say.  I am not the most active member and I'm sure a lot of people have no idea who I am.  But, I would hope that my limited actions would have left some sort of impression.

I normally wouldn't care what somebody thinks about me.  However, this is AR15.com.  I value my participation in this community greatly and the opinions of my "brothers" are important to me.

Now, I don't want to start trading insults back and forth via email, its just so petty and not worth it.  So, I am going to post a thread in GD to clear the air and put an end to this.  Please make sure you go and read that before slamming off a response to this email.

Your brother-in-arms,

FMJunkie
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I just wanted to reiterate that, if I took it the wrong way, I am sorry punkatomic.

Also, if any of you feel like I have treated fellow members poorly, I am sorry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't take things too seriously here.  It ain't
healthy for you.  Rule #1 to remember:  One of
the greatest things about our country is the
freedom to agree to disagree.  Don't feel bad
about excercising it!  You're never going to
make [b]everybody[/b] happy.

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
It ain't worth it...Live and let live....Don't worry and be happy. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Personnally I am offended by your screen name!!!  By using the term "junkie" do you mean that [i]all[/i] gun owners are junkies??  And you A3kid, what's up with your name??  Are you refering that all gun owners act like children??

That's it!!  I am pissed an refuse to ever be part of this board again!!

[b]I am leaving because of you two!!!!!![/b]

Sgtar15

PS Just kidding......don't sweat the small stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff[;)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And you A3kid, what's up with your name??  Are you refering that all gun owners act like children??

That's it!!  I am pissed an refuse to ever be part of this board again!!

[b]I am leaving because of you two!!!!!![/b]

Sgtar15
View Quote

Damn -15, does this call for the obligatory

[b]"Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the
way out"[/b] line??????

PS: "A3" is 'cause my first AR was a Bushy flat-
top.  "kid" is 'cause I honestly thought I was
younger than most members here when I registered.  Man, was I wrong!!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
GREAT!!!!  Now I got TheBeeKeeper1 coming on to me!!![;)]

BTW A3kid......you probably are older than about 65% of the posters here...that's assuming your in your 30's.

Yes we should all stick together, and I believe that if the time ever comes, we will.  In the mean time we are like one big family and we like to argue alot.  But if anyone ever needed a pint of blood, I'd be the first in line.

But you ain't getting my ammo!!

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/dino/dragon.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:25:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya, we all know you're sorry, one sorry son of a gun.

The least you should do is appologize.
[;)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#9]
OK, got some smile out of this so far...

You know, I am normally quite thick skinned about it all but, I got a pissed off email sent to me.  I guess I feel like if you take it "off the boards" then it becomes quite personal...
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow.   Now I can't get that song "Atomic Punk" out of my head.  Nobody rules the night but me. Nobody.  The Atomic punk.  Damn Van Halen rocks.

Thanks FMJunkie, you just put me in areally good mood.  [:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't make me start...

[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#12]
FMJunkie,  to be honest, I am surprised I haven't gotten death threats yet[:D}

Sgtar15

This is my [b]AIrsoft[/b]rifle, there are many like it, but this one is [b]Kalifornia[/b] legal.
[img]http://www.redstorm.com/images/m16_inv.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Treat other members in a bad way???????  When the rifle fund for the NYC heroes was started, you offered to donate a beautiful Bushmaster rifle, then to top that off, you sold several things you had in your safe and donated [i]that[/i] money also.  If that's treating folks badly, feel free to abuse me any time. [;)]

Edited 'cause I can't spell this morning.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#14]
FMJunkie,

I did not direct anything at you. I phrased my concern as a question concerning the amount of press anthrax is receiving and how we might not contribute to the mass hysteria. It was not calling you anything, nor did I tell you to go play with yourself. Here's a history reported in quotes from the threads:

Here is my post:
Quoted:
Why is it necessary to help the media and the politicians and assist them in perpetuating fear by posting this crap!

This Anthrax business is no big deal! It's not coming to your doorstep out of a nation of 300 million. And if it does you simply leave the area of contamination. Crude weapons grade biological agents are what they call "Area Denial" contaminants. They do create fear among the sheeple who's only source of information is the evening news.

So, you stand around and touch and breathe this stuff? No. Leave the area and wash yourself really good. If you do develop symptoms, then you must have either been the specific target, i.e., someone spilled spores directly on you, or you hung around a risk area too darn long!!
View Quote

Here is the response:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it necessary to help the media and the politicians and assist them in perpetuating fear by posting this crap!

This Anthrax business is no big deal! It's not coming to your doorstep out of a nation of 300 million. And if it does you simply leave the area of contamination. Crude weapons grade biological agents are what they call "Area Denial" contaminants. They do create fear among the sheeple who's only source of information is the evening news.

So, you stand around and touch and breathe this stuff? No. Leave the area and wash yourself really good. If you do develop symptoms, then you must have either been the specific target, i.e., someone spilled spores directly on you, or you hung around a risk area too darn long!!
View Quote

I did not post this out of fear or sensationalism, DESPITE the fact that the post office in question here is exactly two left turns and one mile from my house.  I posted to say, as is fairly clearly written up there, that I am getting a little pissed off by all of it.  "leaving the area" may sound like no big deal to you, asshole, but "area denial" of MY HOUSE would piss me off enough to get infected ON PURPOSE while retrieving my "life denial" equipment and going on a little visit to the bastard who did it to me.

OK, that last part is just chest thumping rhetoric but, you get my point.  So, in the hilarious words of someone who posted this earlier:

WHY DON'T YOU GO OUT AN PLAY HIDE AND GO F*CK YOURSELF?[-!-]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#15]
You know, this really burns my butt...  You emailed me a nasty little message and threw down comments to the effect of "you are probably not the kind of person to apologize" and "you treat fellow members that way" or something like that.

SO, in an attempt to be the bigger man and not continue a stupid little pissing match, I publicly acknowledged that I may have taken your post the wrong way and [b]APOLOGIZED[/b].

What do you do in response?  Continue to try and prove that you were "right."  How about: "apology accepted, sorry I sent you such a shitty email" or something like that?

You know what, never mind.  I'm done with this.  You obviously just like to argue and be right.  So, go be right.  Nice to know where I stand with you.  I won't forget...
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't let people take up free rent in your head........
Make them PAY for it![50]

or ignore them

or laugh in a Simpsons Nelson voice: "HA! HA!"

My $.02.

Doug
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow.   Now I can't get that song "Atomic Punk" out of my head.  Nobody rules the night but me. Nobody.  The Atomic punk.  Damn Van Halen rocks.
[:)]
View Quote

The Kinks [i]Destroyer[/i]
for me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Geez sgtar15, lighten up on the back pain meds, it's affecting your thought process. The saying is:

Don't sweat the [b]PETTY[/b] stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#20]
screw all of the appoligies!  That is no fun. Just put on your flame proof undies before you insult any one.[}:)][pyro]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#21]
FMJunkie, at least you are man enough to apologize, unlike another member on here who said this:

Imbrogilo is makeing this up. There is no source given in his faked Quote.

This sick mother is once again shamlessly using a national tragidy to propagandise for his cheep ass little party of anarchists.
View Quote

I subequently posted the link to the article and I have no idea what the "cheap ass little party of anarchists" this guy is talking about.

All the accuser did was run and hide for 3 days then come back like nothing ever happened.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top