Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 6:01:26 PM EDT
Which is THE BEST  gun oil for a 1911 gun type?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, you're asking to start a war with that question. Militec-1 and Tetra are both good. I doubt you will have problems with either.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with mattja, I have had excellent luck with Tetra oil and grease, and Militec-1 oil.  I use Militec on all my handguns except my Glocks, where I use Tetra grease.  The militec seems to pick up much less carbon and crap from firing than other oils- I can really notice the difference in my AR15's, they stay much cleaner.  Militec has my vote for a tightly-fitted 1911.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I use G.I. plasti lube on my Remington Rand M1911A1 as well as My M-1, M-1 carbine and M-14S. Grease is the way to go on semi auto weapons where there is high speed metal to metal contact.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
miltech, coats even and is not sticky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top