Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 3:51:57 PM EDT
Just wanted to say hello before I go do that cleaning thing on my guns! I just picked up a Bushmaster XM15 M4 with A2 upper yesterday, some parson 30 rounders ( damn I need to order those strip clips :D ) and love it! Guns are nothing new to me, but owning my own definately is. I finally got my dough saved and picked up my Bushmaster yesterday. Took it to the range today and pushed 500 rounds through her. Sighted up no problem and had my shots perfectly in the center at 25 and 50 yards out. Going full speed on the semi-auto I managed to keep it mostly dead center and a few strays in the first circle. I am very impressed with the accuracy! Anyway had a total blast today and found a very nice range upstate a bit ( wheretoshoot.org helped me weed through the ranges )where I even got to shoot my tactical shottie (no other ranges want my poor little shottie there). Got some nice help, and also was told that I can go full speed anytime hes working since I can control my shots. He told me that most ppl climb right into the ceiling so they dont usually allow pumping the targets as fast as you can pull. Anyway next trip up im going to work on 75 and 100 yards but damn that front sight is hard to see on those tiny targets they sell there. I have some police combat targets I might try out but I feel better hitting the tiny bulleyes from greater distances :D

Anyway great site here, I also learned quite a bit from the faqs under each topic- good move on that setup!

Oh yeah and fellow NYrs im in Westchester curious where you are all from.

Later for now....
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome congrats on the Bushmaster glad to have ya here!!!!!  [newbie]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Only 500 rounds on your first day with your new baby?...  Lightweight! [:D]

Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Resistance is futile. You will be assumlated.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome Aboard!!! Enjoy your stay!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only 500 rounds on your first day with your new baby?...  Lightweight! [:D]

Welcome aboard!
View Quote

LOL! Beleive me I wish I had enough time today I woulda cleaned out my case but 90 rounds for my mags for justin... justincase ! [:D]

I hope to get some time in next day or two to go back up. I think I need to start keeping some ammo cash set aside during pay periods now haha. Yeah yeah get back to the cleaning I needed a dinner break. AR is next shottie is cleaned and rdy to go. [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome, enjoy your stay and please, please, please remember to check the Babe of the Day before leaving.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope to get some time in next day or two to go back up. I think I need to start keeping some ammo cash set aside during pay periods now haha.
View Quote

I just keep 2 or 3 hundred bucks ready for each gunshow (unless I'm planning on something special, then I take more). whatever I have left after buying what I want goes to ammo.

BTW, Welcome aboard! Soon you will be buying your second AR...then your third....then maybe an AK...then you start saving up to go FULL AUTO!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
 Welcome dude .  BUSHMASTERS ROCK .
  I love my Dissy .
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]
You Are now belong!!...thats getting old. Try a .052 on the front sight instead of the .072.
Welcome.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome aboard.

This is the place to be, alright!
Congratulations on joining the Bushmaster clan.

Seeya round.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey! Another NYer.  I'm on Long Island.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 2:14:23 AM EDT
[#16]
All your AR15.com newbies are belong to us.  

Have fun!!

"Do what you will,
just remember to wade [b]don't swim[/b] through the bullshit."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top