Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2001 3:29:10 PM EDT
The general consensus has been NOT to buy the Carbon 15.  However, no one has given any specific reasons.  Help me out here!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
For the first thousand it worked perfect.On the next ten rounds it broke 5 extractors.It worked great with the case early PMC[81]Then would not extract the South African or Wolf.Sent it baack and it now works with everything i've put through it.They rechambered it[I thought it had a tight chamber]and put on a new gas block.they also put on a new comp.It looks like it has a bigger diamter muzzle.It seems on the PO forum they seem to be able to fix them now.Mine has worked  for about 500 rounds of SA and Wolf now.
    The price has dropped a bunch.I paid 1196 and this was with tax and 25.00 for the dealer.I believe the wholesale is around 700 for a 97 now.This is probally not PO's fault.The retail is still a very high 1700.00.I belive the wholesalers raised ther price because they thought it would have a lot of apeal.It still pisses me off though.I just put mine on consignment for 900.If someone buys it I wont feel like I'm ripping him.Mine works.I just decided I would like something else.for me its too light to do my best shooting.i didnt think you could make it too light but they have for me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the Professonial Ordnance forum and you will see what the owners have gone so far in getting them to work probably.  It is not good when you send something back four times to be worked on and it stills jams after you get it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top