Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 2:19:33 PM EDT
I am in the market for an AR-15, and I recently came across one of the Professional Ordanances Carbon 15s.  I have heard that these are jam-o-matics, and not worth the money.  What does everyone think??  I really like the light weight, but should I just stick with getting a Bushmaster Shorty A3??  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
In this case you should believe what you have heard. You can't go wrong with a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The Carbons are cool looking.... cool looking paper weights [:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't heard that it jams that much, only that it self-destructs under the slightest provocation.

"Just say no."
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone here actually had one of these? Are they really that bad if you already own several ARs?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
There seems to be some problems with it.  Cracked bolts and jams are usually encountered by Carbon owners.  However, in some cases it has been a hit and miss with rifles.  Either it works or goes back four times for repairs.  Go to the industry forum and look up all the posts that we, carbon owners had been subjected in trying to get it up and running.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top