Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2001 6:15:40 AM EDT
First off, Is it legal in the US to own a preban upper and no preban lower in the same house? If so how many of you have a preban upper ready to be slapped on your postban AR only and I mean only if TSHTF?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:23:36 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL....
Scarecrow, you think anyone will admit to this? With all the tinfoil hat wearing people here, and the strong understanding that this site is being watched by our friendly BATF agents?!LOL..

My opinion, why would you need a bayonet lug in a SHTF situation?  The flash hider I can understand, but that only takes a simple task of threading the barrel, and adding your flash hider.  Most any machinest, and home repair person could accomplish this.  So, why bother with a pre-ban upper?

Now, I like the idea of a bayonet lug and flash  hider, don't get me wrong.  If it was legal, I'd have them.  But, it's not. I'm not even sure it would be legal to own a postban lower and have a preban upper in the same location?  Probably gone over 100X in the legal section.
guns762
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I would not do this in a SHTF situation.
Maybe in a TEOTWAWKI, but definately [b]NOT[/b]
in SHTF.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]
OK OK, but is it atleast legal to own the upper with the wrong lower if the two arent put together? Or is this conspiracy to uphold the 2nd?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
From a practical side, I can't imagine owning a pre upper W/O a pre lower will be prosecuted any more vigorously than owning a mix and match assortment of pre and post uppers AND lowers.

Fact is, I can slap a pre upper on my post lower if i wanted to right now (Big Brother is aware I own these)

Practically speaking, the pre/post thing is a legal tool to make SURE LE has enuf charges to whack you with IF you commit a crime with said firearm. They can tack on ten years for  violations of the "assault weapons" bill.

My advice? Don't commit crimes with firearms, and don't mix post lower with pre uppers. Ownership of both however is not a problem.

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OK OK, but is it atleast legal to own the upper with the wrong lower if the two arent put together?
View Quote

It is my (limited) understanding that this is
true.

FWIW - In a real SHTF scenario, where I would
actually be fighting for my life and the lives
of those that I love - I would do any damned
thing I needed to or was able to do with absolutely no regard for any laws at all.  And
I mean Pre/Post ban, class 3, whatever.  I'm a
pretty light-hearted guy, can take whatever ribbing or teasing anybody can dish out without
losing my sense of humor.  Fvck with me or mine-
all the stops come out.  I bet you'll find a
whole lot of "me's" on this board.  Pretty much
goes without saying......
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]
WHy do you care??  You live in Can-a-duh so these laws don't apply to you....right??

Or maybe you just want us all to [i]think[/i] that you live in Can-a-duh....maybe you live in the Dakotas or somewhere else...

Makes me go hummmmmmmm

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.stopstart.redhotant.com/aircraft2/mustang.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]
sgtar15:
Is it suddenly illegal for Canadians to ask about US laws like it is illegal to own certain books and information on certain subjects?

And anyways what I am speaking about is if TSHTF, not "Do you keep a AR in the house with a Pre-ban upper on a post-ban lower with sear hole and LEO CMAGs".

I think you have your tinfoil hat on too tight.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sgtar15:
Is it suddenly illegal for Canadians to ask about US laws like it is illegal to own certain books and information on certain subjects?

View Quote

No, but I do find it DRIPPING with irony for an alleged Canadian to think he can instruct Americans on THEIR Constitution, and to cite Constitutional protections for his posts on this forum when he is a FOREIGNER, and not even a US citizen, and therefore NOT protected by teh US Constitution.

A majority of your posts on this forum have been regarding US firearms laws, and distributing information as to how to violate them.

Given the BATF monitors this site, one MUST wonder what YOUR motivations are.

That's all.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top