Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 9:28:28 PM EDT
Just set up a new computer with Windows XP Outlook Express and windows in general will not remember any passwords even when I click the remember check.  Sometimes the check box is greyed out.

Any help?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://docevil.multimania.com/images/ha.jpg[/img]
"Dude yer gettin' a Dell."
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Next Time Get A Mac. . .
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[img]http://docevil.multimania.com/images/ha.jpg[/img]
"Dude yer gettin' a Dell."
View Quote

Hello Mrs. Peppercornhole.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah get a Mac... you generaly don't get error messages in Mac software because there isn't any Mac software. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah get a Mac... you generaly don't get error messages in Mac software because there isn't any Mac software. [:)]
View Quote

LOL.

Try a job at the Improv.

BTW- Hitachi brand notebook HD's suck ass.

They should stick to rice cookers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC remembered passwords are saved as "cookies"  May sure your optinons are set to allow cookies.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IIRC remembered passwords are saved as "cookies"  May sure your optinons are set to allow cookies.
View Quote

Outlook Express does not use cookies to remember the password. What Build are you using of WinXP? And why are you using XP? It is shit. Go back to W2K. I asume you had it if you went to XP. We at AMD in the Enginering Lab still dont use it much due to all the problems it's still having. Wait another year for them to fix all the issues with it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Outlook Express does not use cookies to remember the password. What Build are you using of WinXP? And why are you using XP? It is shit. Go back to W2K. I asume you had it if you went to XP. We at AMD in the Enginering Lab still dont use it much due to all the problems it's still having. Wait another year for them to fix all the issues with it.
View Quote

Yet you named your up and coming processor the Athlon XP after it?  Hmm.  By the way, there are viable alternatives to Windows.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes there are othe alternatives to windows, but not everyone is inclined to figure the OS out. And I had no part in naming the Procs we sell. I dont think it had anything to do with the OS XP. We all here think it (XP the OS) sucks ass.
Toss Red Hat on one of our Procs and a good board and you have a screaming machine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:03:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I got XP about a week ago at work and I find it a whole lot better than Windows2000 profesional. and since i dont have a choice about my OS I tend to like XP.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#11]
P.S.

David_Hineline.....I thought you knew everything.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#12]
You know-it-alls never cease to amaze me.  He asks a specific question, and all he gets is...

Get a MAC
XP sucks, use Win2k
MAC's suck cause they have no software

Sheesh...

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:30:41 AM EDT
[#13]
David,

let me know if you need a "gold" copy...

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#14]
David_hineline- Make sure you are logged in as the admin or have admin rights enabled on your profile. If not this could be your problem also If your not using build 2600 then its time to go gold. The early betas had a lot of problems but the final is rock soild.

ClintH
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You know-it-alls never cease to amaze me.  He asks a specific question, and all he gets is...

Get a MAC
XP sucks, use Win2k
MAC's suck cause they have no software

Sheesh...

View Quote

And you answered the question?  I am sure most would have answered if they had an answer to give.  Personally, I have installed WinXP and Office XP on my computer.  I work in the computer field and need to at least know what the "latest greatest" is even if I choose to use other operating systems both at home and at work.  I would just toss it up as one of those many vagaries of Windows.  I see errors on one box identical to another that shows no error.  Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top