Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2001 8:28:20 PM EDT
I found this on the AK board and was supprised to see how inaccurate the AK can be. I see they try to make their point with the old size of a torso I am bound to hit it somewhere argument. I do like the fact that they do not need as much cleaning in a SHTF situation.

"(See Note A) However an AR15/M16 has the edge in accuracy, generally scoring 1-3MOA (Minute of Angle) or approximately 1"-3" at 100 yards. The average AKM will generally do 4-6 MOA with AK47's doing about 3- 5MOA.

Modern studies done by the United States, the former Soviet Union, former Warsaw Pact countries, NATO ( North Atlantic Treaty Organization) show that modern combat is generally at ranges less than 300 meters. So accuracy of 4-6MOA is sufficient since that would cover 12"=18" at 300 yards or the average size of an adult male torso."

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.If he is standing straight up waving and yelling shoot me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top