Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 7:01:13 PM EDT
On Hardball, Chris Matthews told an airline pilot "I hope you get your gun" and on JAG, a little Indonesian girl was telling Col. MacKenzie (Catherine Bell) how cool it would be when the Col. got a gun and that women with guns were cool.  She even drew a picture of the Col. with an M16 and Mac thought it was neat.  I know this seems trivial, but it seems to be a little attitude adjustment on TV.  Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I just don't think we would have seen such things a month ago.  Of course, at the end of JAG, the little girl was blown up holding the picture of Mac and the M16.  A message, maybe?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Catherine Bell is so hot.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In the JAG episode, Col. MacKenzie was questioned about her ability to lead in a combat unit being that she is a woman and a lawyer.
I believe the picture portraying Mac and the M16 and that Mac carried the 9mm as they evacuated out the embassy was showing Mac could lead a combat troop. But the fact that the girl was killed and Mac's deep grievance and guilt over it as she flew home showed that Mac may not be mentally prepared of the evils of combat.
View Quote
Valid point, but I'm not so sure I or anyone else wouldn't be all torn up about that.  She was a real sweetie, the little girl.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
see the JAG rerun on USA tonight at 7pm EST?
they had a "militia" on, lots of M16s, one guy, their col. had a CAR15
it was a pre-Bell episode

I know one thing, those marines should have opened up on the protesters after they tossed a grenade through the gate.

was the Lt. Commander part of the story line because of 9/11? I think it was
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya think?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Pthfndr%2FCBell%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
see the JAG rerun on USA tonight at 7pm EST?
they had a "militia" on, lots of M16s, one guy, their col. had a CAR15
it was a pre-Bell episode

I know one thing, those marines should have opened up on the protesters after they tossed a grenade through the gate.

was the Lt. Commander part of the story line because of 9/11? I think it was
View Quote
Those two gals pre-Bell were pretty hot themselves (I can't remember their real names), but both of them in the same episode!  Whew.  Anyone got pics of those two?

I believe that both parts were connected to 9/11 in a way, the LTC moreso.  And yes, they should have opened up after the grenade, no matter who was around them.  The grenade thrower was cowardly, using the crowd as a shield, as were the clowns with the AK's firing on the chopper.  I did not see if the whirlybird had door guns, but if it did, they should have let'er rip.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I missed the dialog when she was on the phone, damn those were nice legs [:)]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya think?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Pthfndr%2FCBell%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote

Can you imagine having her as your CO and then seeing this picture.  You would never get a thing done and probably wind up in the brig for drooling so much.  They do a good job of de-glamourizing her while in uniform, but pictures of her like this are astounding.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Good LAWD!
Attention on deck!
I always hated lawyers.......
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Mmmmmmmmmm...Catherine Bell huuuhhuuuuuuuuuh
[shock] [img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/eek2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Its really a shame she is on a show like JAG that covers her up so much. I've always said that the show would benefit from a re-write where her character changes and she struts around in skirts, shorts, tight tops, and even bikinis. The rating would go through the roof.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

2nd that!Anyone seen her on Letterman
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#12]
The interesting part of JAG was the Airline plot.  Where a Navy Seal takes out a crazy man who had his hand on the emergency door handle.  

I know JAG is one tv show which really puts real life stories in their shows but this was done before 911.

I heard they will also incorporate the 'war' into some future episodes.

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:21:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked her better before her promotion;
when she was Major Hooters, Major Sara Hooters.
Somehow Lt.Col. Hooters doesn't sound the same!

Yes sir  .  .  .   .  Major Hooters
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The interesting part of JAG was the Airline plot.  Where a Navy Seal takes out a crazy man who had his hand on the emergency door handle.  

I know JAG is one tv show which really puts real life stories in their shows but this was done before 911.

I heard they will also incorporate the 'war' into some future episodes.
View Quote

I think the reason they put the "August 7, 2001" date at the beginning of the show was to show that it was pre-9/11...otherwise the SEAL may not have been on trial at all, let alone convicted.

My wife and I were discussing the best tactical options for the embassy Marines. They lucked out Hollywood style with the unused tunnel system.  But if that hadn't been there, then what?  Perhaps gunners on the roof when the crowd starts shooting at the helicopter. And what was with that pilot anyway?  Somebody chose HIM for a rescue mission? Maybe his mindset might best be served flying the mail or something.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Robbie, if we start looking too closely at all the "problem's" it wouldn't be a fun show at all.

Why wern't the Marines ouside with their guns near the fence?  Why didn't the croud climb over the dumb fence?  What did they do with the "Machine Guns" leave them there?  Why not have them up on the roof earlier?  Shoot the dumb pilot.  Only one helicopter?  Why drop only one grenade and do nothing for the next hour? Why did the M16 drawing not have a carry handle? [;)] etc etc etc...

Its just a show,  I don't like to nitpick too much or I could think of things all night long.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]
well it was a kid who drew it [:)]
I noticed it too.

Quoted:
Why did the M16 drawing not have a carry handle? [;)] etc etc etc...
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe it was an M16A4 [;)]

A3 is the same as A2 except full auto instead of burst, A4 is an A2 with detachable carry handle. Kind of interesting how most AR-15 mfgr's call their flat top rifles A3's when they really should be A4's.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Maybe it was an M16A4 [;)]

A3 is the same as A2 except full auto instead of burst, A4 is an A2 with detachable carry handle. Kind of interesting how most AR-15 mfgr's call their flat top rifles A3's when they really should be A4's.
View Quote

ArmaLite has it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top