Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2001 11:45:06 AM EDT
Gentelmen, I need some information on the preban Colt R6450 9mm carbine. I am planing to make future purches on this firearm for general indoor range shooting and outdoor feild use. The H&K94A3 are just to expensive and the SW-5 are less than a perfect Lemons leaving the factory floor.  Need operator experience and insite with this shooting system. I own several preban Colts in 223 Rem and all of them provide excellent results. V2B    
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one that I purchased for my sons to shoot.  I agree that the mags are hard to seat and need a good hard knock at times.  I did not know about the issue with the round being fed and fired with a bump to the buttstock.  Thanks.  Mine has A1 sights and is very accurate.  It is a great gun for my sons as they are 11 and 7.  The light weight and non-existant recoil is great for them.  Both boys are very accomplished marksmen for their age and can handle this weapon very well.  I have contemplated selling this gun on several occaisions and I am glad that I haven't.  It is a real pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll throw in a little bit here:

I DON'T have one.  I seriously considered it, but decided against it.  I had a reasonable amount of money to spend, but couldn't decide between the 9mm Colt and the HK.

What I finally decided:
Colt $2000, 10 mags at $100 each (or more)= $3000.

HK $3000, 10 mags (Stick mags) $40 = $3400.

I decided for the $400 difference, the HK was a better deal--Mags are easier to find, and it is a damn cool gun.  OK, I admit it--I am eventually going to get a sear for it and convert it to an MP 5.  But the basic arguement is the same--the mags are very expensive for the Colt, and can be hard to find.  Modified mags may not be reliable (UZI mags), so that doesn't save any money.

One other gun to consider--the UZI.  For $1000 you can get a pre-ban folder.  Mags are still in the $35 range, and it is utterly reliable.  OR, if you really want to spend $3000, and you live in a yes-MG state, you can buy a brand new Vector UZI (or a used IMI registered receiver gun for $2500), and then you have a real machine gun.  

The only reason I would get a Colt 9mm is as an upper for a registered receiver, then it would be lots of fun to play with!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top