BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2001 12:17:40 AM EDT
From our "greatest friends" in England:

[url]www.theherald.co.uk/news/archive/16-10-19101-1-7-46.html[/url]

Backwoods militias suspected of being behind biowar threat
IAN BRUCE
THE FBI's domestic terrorism unit is investigating the possible role of illegal militia groups in the spate of anthrax outbreaks in Florida and New York.

Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber who killed 168 people when he blew up a federal building in 1995, was a supporter of one such group, the National Alliance.

Others have threatened to use biological weapons, including anthrax, botulism, and ricin, in their struggle against what they see as a global conspiracy between the US administration and the United Nations to disarm and enslave them. Every state has its own "patriot" group of disaffected right-wing Christian radicals opposed to central government and federal regulations. Most are organised along paramilitary lines.

The FBI estimates their numbers at up to 40,000, with the larger militias in backwoods country areas. They claim they are mobilising to fight the "New World Order".

In places like Idaho, Texas, Montana and West Virginia, they wear army surplus camouflage uniforms and train with assault rifles and explosives against the day when they might have to defend themselves against direct interference from the federal authorities.

They range in outlook from Pat Robertson, a failed 1988 presidential candidate, with his vision of a "Christian America" to the sinister Posse Comitatus, Aryan Nations and Minnesota Patriots' Council, who favour armed insurrection.

[b]All have links with the National Rifle Association, the influential lobby group which represents weapons' manufacturers, hunters and gun clubs and campaigns for the right of all Americans "to own and bear arms".[/b]

There is some doubt as to whether this right is enshrined legally in the American constitution but the NRA has powerful supporters in both senate and congress and no-one has yet managed successfully to challenge the all-pervasive nationwide gun culture.

Most of the militias' philosophy is based on white-supremacist principles, looking down on blacks as "mud people" and Jews as instigators of the global plot against them and manipulators of the world economy for their own benefit.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]
(continued)

Despite their redneck reputation, they have developed a sophisticated communications network using computer e-mail, shortwave radio, and fax. The North American Patriots, a group with members from California to Kansas, publish a newsletter entitled Firearms and Freedom.

After the disastrous FBI storming of the Branch Davidian headquarters in Waco, Texas, and the Ruby Ridge stand-off fiasco, where an FBI sniper killed an unarmed woman in a mountain cabin, the militias have turned to the threat of biological weapons to up the ante.

In January 1999, police and security forces responded to 30 anthrax hoaxes in southern California alone. Since then, there have been thousands of false alarms across the country.

Many aimed at government buildings, including deliveries of envelopes containing suspicious white powder, were militia inspired. Others targeting schools, hospitals or newspapers were sent by disgruntled former employees or jilted lovers.

However, the FBI has never discounted the possibility someone might lay hands on lethal biological agents. In 1992, two members of the Minnesota Patriots' Council were arrested carrying vials of ricin, an extremely dangerous toxin. They intended to use the substance to kill police officers over a local feud.

Larry Wayne Harris of the Aryan Nations managed to buy samples of bubonic plague over the internet. Fortunately, the plague bacteria were inert.

Three members of the Republic of Texas bought what they thought was anthrax in 1998. It turned out to be anthrax serum, the liquid used to inoculate people against the infection.

An FBI source said yesterday that up to 80% of the weapons of mass destruction inquiries carried out in the last few years involved the threat of anthrax.

Before the death of a British-born newspaperman in Florida last week, only 28 people in the US had died from effects of the bacterium in the last 100 years.

Before biowar became a potentially popular hobby, anthrax was known as "wool-shearer's disease" because it had been contracted only by farmworkers in close contact with sheep, a prime carrier of the infection.

An FBI source said: "We can never rule out al Qaeda's possible role in the current deliberate spread of anthrax. It is causing more panic than anything else and has not, thankfully, been disseminated in a very efficient way if the object was to inflict casualties.

"But our own militias may also have a hand in some or all of the incidents. Copycats and hoaxers could also be having a field day. The problem is, we just can't afford to drop our guard."

-Oct 16th

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:22:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Does that mean we get to have ranks?

I want to be Wing Commander!  "Wing Commander 71-Hour Achmed" has such a nice ring to it. [NI]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Well its a good thing we spent all that time trying to pass gun laws. Maybe congress, the FBI and the ATF should of been spending more time looking into Anthrax instead of watching Americans engaging in free trade. Maybe they should rename them to Anthrax-Typhoid-Flu.

Six
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I wanna be Lt. Commander Frank the Spank, code name: Fuzzy Winker Beans.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
My militia group can kick the ass of your miliatia group[;)]

Sgtar15
[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000017294/1000017294_1014200130930PM0.1798059.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I wanna be "Major When Monkeys Fly Out of My Butt"
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoops, that Monkies!  Higher rank you know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#9]
So what do we do in our special milita groups?

I'm thinkin beer, corn dogs and poker  :)
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:53:04 AM EDT
[#10]
[b]Horseshit[/b]!!
Not according to David Shipper article posted yesterday:
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/546753/posts[/url]

Noticed "extreme Right-Wingers" got the blame on Fox News / Hannity & Clomes by some "expert" last evening, also.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#11]
It's funny how every one that owns a gun in America is some type of nut if you ask the Brits.,but they damn well wanted us to send them some in WW2.
From now on we should keep the guns.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#12]
the following siuation is pretend:

hi. my name is dave. i'm a reporter. whne i write about guns , which are BAD BAD BAD!!!!, i make up the facts, i say whatever i want, whatever pops into my head, i'm afriad of guns and have never actually shot one. i tell my supervisior and all of america that my articles are balanced and fair. i like my job. i don't think anyone should have guns.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Where does the FDCGH Militia meet? I'd like to join.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:15:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I think it's time to start up the FBM, or Fuzzy Bunny Militia.

In between trips to the range we'll sing songs at old folks homes, feed the homeless, and do other public service crap.

Everytime we are asked about why we do things, we'll talk about our libertaarian principles and the commeraderie of those who like to go to the range and shoot their guns.

We'll excoriate public figures whenever possible, and do all those evil things that militias are known for. You know, like have meetings, talk about ways to protect ourselves and our families, buy ammo in bulk (500 round bricks of 22 LR), etc.etc. You know, all those evil things that we shouldn't do.

We will have black, Jewish, and Catholic members, and even a fundamentalist Christian or two. Of course, we'll have a token WASP member who we can point to when we say that we're not racists.

We will send lots of mail (e & snail) to public figures when they do things which violate their oaths of office (so we will need a big budget for postage), and we will send out packages of subversive literature (you know, like copies of the Constitution, Federalist Papers,Declaration of Independence, etc.) to narrow-minded media types.

We will protest loudly and publicly when the oppportunity presents itself.

All for the chance to watch the talking head media have to say on the evening news:

"The Fuzzy Bunnies are a threat to our way of life."

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:47:43 AM EDT
[#15]
In 1996, Canada's Prime Minister intervened on behalf of one of the Sept 11 suspects.  The suspect was released without charge.  

[URL]http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?f=/stories/20011013/734443.html[/URL]

I can't see why anyone would want a better government than the one we've got.  Except that maybe the ruling party could fine tune their actions slightly to place terrorists in jail instead of springing them at taxpayer expense.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So what do we do in our special milita groups?

I'm thinkin beer, corn dogs and poker  :)
View Quote

Can I be in your group, Frank?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:58:43 AM EDT
[#17]

[b]All have links with the National Rifle Association, the influential lobby group which represents weapons' manufacturers, hunters and gun clubs and campaigns for the right of all Americans "to own and bear arms".[/b]
View Quote

By "links", do they simply mean membership???
If this is the case, well, than they probably have links to the local 7-11, grocery store, liquor store and possibly church. Don't forget these people have links with California as well. So, what this mean??? Not a damn thing, but probably what ever the damn media wants it to mean.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think it's time to start up the FBM, or Fuzzy Bunny Militia.

In between trips to the range we'll sing songs at old folks homes, feed the homeless, and do other public service crap.

Everytime we are asked about why we do things, we'll talk about our libertaarian principles and the commeraderie of those who like to go to the range and shoot their guns.

We'll excoriate public figures whenever possible, and do all those evil things that militias are known for. You know, like have meetings, talk about ways to protect ourselves and our families, buy ammo in bulk (500 round bricks of 22 LR), etc.etc. You know, all those evil things that we shouldn't do.

We will have black, Jewish, and Catholic members, and even a fundamentalist Christian or two. Of course, we'll have a token WASP member who we can point to when we say that we're not racists.

We will send lots of mail (e & snail) to public figures when they do things which violate their oaths of office (so we will need a big budget for postage), and we will send out packages of subversive literature (you know, like copies of the Constitution, Federalist Papers,Declaration of Independence, etc.) to narrow-minded media types.

We will protest loudly and publicly when the oppportunity presents itself.

All for the chance to watch the talking head media have to say on the evening news:

"The Fuzzy Bunnies are a threat to our way of life."

View Quote

Brilliant, Dave, absolutely brilliant! i will join your FBM, please e-mail me the papers, and i will make my first charitable donation in your name! you pick the charity!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I want to be Wing Commander!  "Wing Commander 71-Hour Achmed" has such a nice ring to it.
View Quote

[b]NO!![/b]  You got to be Wing Commander last time.  I wanna be Wing Commander.

The New Wing Commander Chimborazo out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I want to be Wing Commander!  "Wing Commander 71-Hour Achmed" has such a nice ring to it. [NI]
View Quote

Can I be Paul "Muadeeb" Makarov?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#21]
That story is totally made up.  It is a diatribe.  We should wright him and tell him our ranks are swelling past 60 million right now.  As every American who owns a gun or belongs to the NRA falls into this category by his standards.  BULLSHIT.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:53:22 AM EDT
[#22]
This is such as classic example of British newspaper "reporting" today - snide, cynical, ignorant, and mostly incorrect.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Seriously anyone who belongs to a militia needs to make sure that your leadership is of the utmost intellectual and moral character. Is able to speak well for themselves and be able to conduct an interview quite well. It is the utmost importance to put solid Leadership in place. It will make or break your militia in the long run.  Of prime importance is an ability to conduct clear concise agrument(classical) about constitutional theory and law.  In fact all militias should seek to find and place in their leadership positions lawyers and scholars. It is important.  You should also strive to be of public service and useful to all peoples.  This is how I would run a militia if I were to start one.  I would only recruit members who are of outstanding quality and caliber.  And for the other part I would form it as a political action committee and makes ties with every conservative/libertarian think tank in the US.  I would also seek out and have ties with the American Institute, I would build it from the bottom up putting the leadership in place lastly. I would talk to the police and make ties to them in that make yourself available to help with police actions during disastors such as earth quakes and tornadoes.  If you don't do these things you will find your existence very very hard in this country in the comming years.  Run the militia as if you were running your own country with all the care about its intellectual/moral foundation. Upholding the supremecy of God and having a founding document in the same veign as the Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the United States.  

But always with honesty/dignity/grace/ and be NICE. Show and do well for yourself as your mothers would have wanted.  Failure to do these things will eventually result in all militias being targets and will make it harder to form militia's in the future.  If you don't perform to the highest moral rectitude within your ranks their are people who must come after you.  YOU MUST DO THESE THINGS.  

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Here is the way that I see it.  The Supreme Court has ruled that a MILITIA has the right to exist. That is it; and within those words lay the foundation.  It is with all civility that the Supreme Court has made this ruling.  It is more important than either you or I. It must be made to stand that way. And the only way that it will be kept that way without alteration is if militias conduct themselves in the manner that is consistent with founding intent of our original constitution.  I CAN"T TELL YOU HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS.  The Supreme Court may well be the last bastion of liberty in this country. FOR GODS SAKE TREAT THEIR DECISIONS WITH ALL THE REVERENCE WHICH THEY DESERVE.  THEY ARE TRYING TO PRESERVE THE UNION IN ITS ORIGINALITY. IT IS OF HIGHEST IMPORTANCE THAT YOU MAKE THAT JOB AS EASY AND POSSIBLE FOR THEM.
So don't take that gift lightly.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#25]
"There is some doubt as to whether this right is enshrined legally in the American constitution but the NRA has powerful
            supporters in both senate and congress and no-one has yet managed successfully to challenge the all-pervasive
            nationwide gun culture."

What else would you expect from them...
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#26]
"But our own militias may also have a hand in some or all of the incidents. Copycats and hoaxers could also be having a field day. The problem is, we just can't afford to drop our guard."
View Quote

translation: we will be passing more laws to restrict the rights of our nation to ensure the national saftey....
and of course that advanced euro-intelect
There is some doubt as to whether this right is enshrined legally in the American constitution but the NRA has powerful supporters in both senate and congress and no-one has yet managed successfully to challenge the all-pervasive nationwide gun culture.
View Quote

Wisdom from a nation who believes their rights are granted to them by the queen and government as opposed to a higher natural order.

I swear to God these people have finally turned government into a religion.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#28]
"Those who would sacrifice liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!"

Ryan

Member Fuzzy Bunny Militia
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I am my own militia. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I kind of figured that the powers that be would attempt to use Sept. 11 and the anthrax hoo-ha to come after American citizens.  The new anti-terror laws (if passed) is going to open up a whole new realm of domestic surveillance.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't you mean "I am a militia of one?"

Gotta stick w/ the current propaganda.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#32]
"I am my children's militia."
        -- Dr. Laura version

David<
large pink floppy ear commander - FBM
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#33]
all your militias are belong to us.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

That's right!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

[b]ROTFLMFAO[/B]!

Hey, do you have those cool little black beanies too?  You know, the ones made in China?[smash]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#36]
And the English think the [i]Americans[/i] are the stupid ones?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#37]
His arrest in 1995 for allegedly funnelling money through the aid agency to finance a bombing by the Egyptian Al Jihad led Jean Chrétien, the Prime Minister, to raise his case during a state visit with Benazir Bhutto, then the prime minister of Pakistan.

He was released a few weeks later without being charged, but CIDA cut its funding to HCI, which had totalled $300,000. Mr. Kadr is now back in Afghanistan, affiliated with Toronto-based Health and Education Project International.

That Canadian Terrorist even gave money to HCI!
The bastards have no shame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top