Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2001 12:03:38 AM EDT
I just heard this News Week staff member on Hardball pointing out the "poor success record of Special Operations forces". He cited the fire fight in Somalia, but neglected to mention that our guys were left out to dry without the armor they requested. Or how they took the initiative to divert to the site of the downed Blackhawk, and hold off overwhelming numbers of attackers (killing 500, and wounding 1000 according to MSNBC Investigates) while losing 18 of their own.

He said there is a sense of "apprehention" at the Pentagon concerning the use of Spec Ops in Afganistan.

should I be pissed off this asshole, or am I just being too Patriotic?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#1]
We will never know since there missions are classified.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 12:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
About 50 percent of Special Operations missions are considered failures for what ever reasons.  But in the grand scheme of things it is often better to do them than not.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 3:49:26 AM EDT
[#3]
i vote we send rick marcinko after osama.

tell him: here's 10 million dollars, go kill osama, bring him back here and then go do what you want with the rest of the money. do it in 4 weeks.

he'd do it, and id get to read another great book.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated by many military brass on Fox News and other interviews, Newsweek has no clue when it comes to military reporting. Their record on accurate military reporting is less ssuccessful than their reported SpecOps success rating.

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]" We're paratroopers, and THIS is as far as the bastards are going!"   Unknown 101st Paratrooper, Bastogne, 1944.[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We will never know since there missions are classified.
View Quote

Eggfrickinzactly. A prerequisite for it to be a successful Special Operations mission is almost always that no one finds out about it.

That loserboy at Newsgeek needs to be slapped with a frozen halibut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top