Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 6:18:20 PM EDT
Anyone know if putting mail in the microwave would kill anthrax? BP
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be interesting if it worked. The microwave companies can put a new setting on their hardware "Mail"
I tried to microwave a fist-ful of dollars one day when I fell into the creek and it burned a nice hole straight down through the bills.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
This will work well.
You need the revolving pan and it must exceed 170F for six minutes.Spores are hard to kill.
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
For the spores, I wonder if they could use one of those devices they use to irradiate fruit? I think it's used to kill bacteria and such. When in doubt, nuke the mail!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those of you with salt water aquariums could try your ultraviolet sterilizer. That kills bacteria but good.
View Quote

Hey, good idea!  But then how do you dry the mail afterwards?  Should I use the delicate setting or permanent press on my dryer?  You could make a box with a UV sterilizer light in it and use that to kill the spores.  Just don't look at the light.  It will make you sick and f--k your eyes up bad.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Stick it in the fridge to dry it.
But what will be wet?
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
NBC news reported tonight the possibility of irradiation for U.S. Mails, but cited the downside as the cost of the equipment. Everyone's bitching about 34-cent stamps getting ready to be raised again next year. Before you know it we'll be paying $1.50 to mail a letter just so that we can pay for this shit. Christ Almighty.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone know if putting mail in the microwave would kill anthrax?
View Quote

I dunno about that, but it works great on AOL CDs.  [flame]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top