Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2007 5:49:12 AM EDT
that's shit list not A-list

the other week i call b/c the new cable box i picked up won't connect to OnDemand.
basically they just have to push a button and like magic it works... so the guy on the line is reviewing my account and says that i am coming off of a one year promo and that if i sign up for the triple play package i will pay the same amount i am paying now with digital voice added on...

i grab my bills and do the math... sure enough he wasn't lying... so i said sure why not, this way i can downgrade my family share plan on my cell phone and save some money there too...

that week the idiot comcast tech comes out... swaps my old modem out for the new VOIP modem... everything is working great...

so i instinctively sign up for the national DNC list... and the phone is quiet for the next week except for a few wrong numbers...

then it starts, every night i get telemarketers, most of the time it's the same company that just called 15 minutes ago... when i get home from work i have like 6 missed calls from solicitors. they call, i pick up, the line is dead, they call back, i pick up, same thing.

i called comcast and asked them where on my contract did i sign a waiver saying that it was okay to disclose my name, phone number, and address to these companies? i was hung up on. I called back again and they told me that i never signed a waiver, so i asked why they shared my information without my consent? his answer was to go to "donotcall.gov".

everytime they call i tell the operator, i am not interested remove me from your list, i am on the national DNC list, and i will be reporting this. what else can i do besides wait for the next 2 weeks until the DNC list fully takes effect???
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
they could run a monopoly on your life if you let them

comcast phone
comcast cable tv
comcast internet

if one one of them goes out, you can rest assured everything else will

f comrap
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 6:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I know with Direct TV you can tell them you do not want any outside solicitations and they'll check that box on your account. Make sure you tell them no to ALL boxes...email, postal, phone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 6:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Comcastic!

My employer uses Comcast to provide connectivity for critical staff. Their regular support line is so shitty that we require them to use a special team to handle our staff's requests.

-Mark
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't the fine for each of those calls something like $2000?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top