Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 10:41:46 AM EDT
I rolled my truck 5 times and now I have one hell of a slash in the side of my head.

Blow a tire and went right over in to a lil. jap car,smashed the crap out of it.
I did not even get to put my foot on the brake,one min. I going on my way and the next.....sky  road   sky   road   sky   road!

Th guy in the jap car was ok but they did need to cut him out,I got right out and looked for my gun(still have not found it)

The truck did really good tough after I stoped up right the cab was still in good shape and so was I,if I had fliped a car like that I think I would be dead.

Well I wish I had some pic for you guys,I think you would get a kick out of the lil. car that was even more lil. LOL

Anyway I don't filp and total a truck every day so I get it out of my sys.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn man, glad you're okay.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad your still with us, and even happy for the guy in the econobox.

Treat yourself to a steak dinner, you earned it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad you're still walkin and talkin! Were they Firestones?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad the other guy is okay too.

Damn, that just sucks. Especially not having a camera. Can you borrow one and go down to whatever shop has it? Don't forget the lil' car. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]
As a teenager, one of my buddies rolled the small truck he was driving (agressive teen driver syndrome).

Somewhat later, I hitched a ride home with him.  He was now so traumatized that he wouldn't even start the car till all the windows were rolled up and my seatbelt was buckled.[BD]

Aparently, when he had rolled his truck, his window was down, and his left arm was flailing around outside the truck (acquiring a patina of roadrash and crushing injuries) as he went over and over and over[:X*]

------
got a rollcage?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#8]
thanx guys,I'll have to see if I can find the car and truck.
They did tell where it is yet.

Erasmus, thats funny. I had my window down but had my hand on the wheel.
I do need to see the hair club for men about the left side of my head LOL.

PS:Did not have Firestones on the truck,I only use BF Goodrich.
There was a truck full of junk ahead of me and something fell of in to the road,gess who hit it.
They can't fine him now so my Ins. has to pay foe all of it ever if I did not get a ticket.
That sucks.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Good to hear you guys are ok, hope you find your gun.

My friend jumped his dad's ford cause his is in the shop, and it bent the frame another 4 inches.

Take it easy,
Ice
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]
A2,

I'm glad to hear that you're OK.  

BTW, what model of truck was it?  Were you just driving down the highway in a straight line?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A2,

BTW, what model of truck was it?  Were you just driving down the highway in a straight line?
View Quote

Thank you!

2K Chevy S-10(with a 4.3L,k&n,flowmasters,new heads and outlaw 8" lock up conv. I miss my truck[:(])

For once yes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Rolled 5 times?  

You should get an exo-cage for that thing.  I hope to start caging my Toy next month.  You've got me scared, because I'm driving around with a plug in my sidewall.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]
You need something like this next time

[img]http://sites.netscape.net/a4xgatorusa/flexy1.jpg[/img]

by the way, this truck is now painted viper red, cage and all--looks sweet. No pics though :(
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude I like that,it gives you a place to put crap to.

Did you make it or buy it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Almost 20 years ago my 16 year old brother rolled his new Toyota 4wd.  No booze involved, but no seatbelt either.  He was thrown out and killed.  Passenger had his arm cought behind the seat which held him in.  He walked away from it.  

Coupla weeks ago I was at a redlight waiting to turn left.  Oncoming Vette pulls a quick u-turn.  The two lanes to my right had green lights.  Small Ford Ranger, doing about 45 or so, never had a chance to hit the brakes.  T-Boned him right in the passenger door.  As a witness, I spoke with an insurance person about it just this morning.  Sad story.  The two guys in the Vette were brothers in town to see their dying mother, (she did).  50 year old male in passenger seat was DOA.  

Drive careful boys.  It can be rough out there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#17]
A2Carbine, take some aspirin tonight.  Car crash soreness takes a few hours to develop but can be fun the morning after.  Good to hear nobody got seriously hurt.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dude I like that,it gives you a place to put crap to.

Did you make it or buy it?
View Quote

I made it, very labor intensive, wouldn't do it again, but well worth the effort.

By the way, I'm glad your ok.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Screw the gash on my head, to hell with the truck I'd still be looking for my gun!! [smoke]

BTW - where exactly did you roll it and what kind of gun was it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#20]
When you get your truck back, or get a replacement, watch out for center of gravity with any mods. We need all of us to be safe, secure, and voting.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A2,

View Quote

Thank you!

2K Chevy S-10(with a 4.3L,k&n,flowmasters,new heads and outlaw 8" lock up conv. I miss my truck[:(])

For once yes.
View Quote

A2 what were the circumstances ? I am wondering because I own a 1998 S-10 LS Extended Cab and I understood it didn't roll very easily.

But I can tell you from experience that I am glad I have a Chevy Truck. I was coming home after finals last year and I ended up head-oning a light pole. I walked away though I hurt for a little while afterwords, but that went away. I was wearing my seatbelt. I had a College Calculus book (Thick-ass hard-bound) on the seat beside me and it was thrown into the dashboard and bent in half.

In short it did 9K in damage. Just short of what was needed to declare it totalled.

BTW, just a reminder DO NOT DRIVE AFTER STAYING UP FOR 3 STRAIGHT DAYS (80+ Hours) TO CRAM. That is what I did. I found out the hard way how long PEP Pills will last. I slept for something like 18 hours afterwards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top