Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 10:24:01 AM EDT
anyone have a photo of the MagPul stock thats on an AR in the game Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots?

Just curious, as I remember I saw one in a trailer some time ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
no one?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The desert tan one that Solid Snake has or some other one? I just watched and the one Solid is carrying just has a standard M4 stock on it....

Fellow MGS nut here.

IGN would be a good place to look for MGS pics, might try google search as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The desert tan one that Solid Snake has or some other one? I just watched and the one Solid is carrying just has a standard M4 stock on it....

Fellow MGS nut here.

IGN would be a good place to look for MGS pics, might try google search as well.

already hit up IGN

things is, i KNOW i saw a MagPul type stock in one of the trailers and a photo before...maybe it didnt make it to final production is my only guess?

They DO have MagPul stocks in STALKER:Shadows of Chernobyl (photo is #2)

i like the MGS series, and ...after being through two Colt 20inch A2 config ARs, I have decided I once again desire an AR.

This time a M4 profile.  BUIS, no carry handle.  possibly Magpul stock.  Wouldnt be far off from what they have in the game really.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats not a magpul in stalker, its the ZM Weapons/LR300 stock.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fellow MGS nut here.

already hit up IGN

things is, i KNOW i saw a MagPul type stock in one of the trailers and a photo before...maybe it didnt make it to final production is my only guess?

They DO have MagPul stocks in STALKER:Shadows of Chernobyl (photo is #2)

i like the MGS series, and ...after being through two Colt 20inch A2 config ARs, I have decided I once again desire an AR.

This time a M4 profile.  BUIS, no carry handle.  possibly Magpul stock.  Wouldnt be far off from what they have in the game really.

www.ps3land.com/images/TGS2006/mgs4/1_large.jpg

www.stalker-videogame.com/image_scaler.php?src=images/screenshots/download/13.jpg

What is up with that weak hand grip Snake has?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
ah you are correct, just as I was on MagPuls website I realized that style wasnt offered

LTRs seem to be very nice rifles...but they are freakin like $1800!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgive my ignorance but where is the buffer tube on that folding stock?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've been wondering that myself for a while?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been wondering that myself for a while?

Probably a gas piston upper half so it doesn't need a buffer tube.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The ZM Weapons line, or most of it, uses some kind of different upper, I don't believe it's a piston upper, but rather some kind of telescoping or compressing buffer somewher else in the gun, perhaps the handguards. I could be completely wrong though, I just remember they don't used standard AR buffers and tubes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Not pistol, just differently set up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The ZM Weapons line, or most of it, uses some kind of different upper, I don't believe it's a piston upper, but rather some kind of telescoping or compressing buffer somewher else in the gun, perhaps the handguards.

Correct

And seriously, why is Snake holding the M4 like a limp-wristed sissy Frenchman? They are usually good about stances and such.

What is that, an M4, KAC handguard, tan stock, ARMS 40L buis, and a PRI front sight? They get all that correct, but he's holding it like he's adjusting the speed on a vibrator
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The ZM Weapons line, or most of it, uses some kind of different upper, I don't believe it's a piston upper, but rather some kind of telescoping or compressing buffer somewher else in the gun, perhaps the handguards.

Correct

And seriously, why is Snake holding the M4 like a limp-wristed sissy Frenchman? They are usually good about stances and such.

What is that, an M4, KAC handguard, tan stock, ARMS 40L buis, and a PRI front sight? They get all that correct, but he's holding it like he's adjusting the speed on a vibrator

ROFLCOPTER
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Another angle

WTF

I want an explanation.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Another angle

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/NickHugelarge/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patr.jpg

WTF

I want an explanation.

I dunno, sometimes he has a knife in the off hand could be why.... lol

Realistically I was taught to hold that way if I was using the edge of a wall or a tree for an improvised rest, works good for that other than that who knows, it is kinda odd though, they usually have all the stances and other things as correct as they can get them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Another angle

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/NickHugelarge/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patr.jpg

WTF

I want an explanation.

I dunno, sometimes he has a knife in the off hand could be why.... lol

Realistically I was taught to hold that way if I was using the edge of a wall or a tree for an improvised rest, works good for that other than that who knows, it is kinda odd though, they usually have all the stances and other things as correct as they can get them.

that was my first thought too.
maybe someone saw a picture of someone using a rest and thought that's the way it worked
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top