Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2001 7:37:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is another Idea:  Next time one of these cities or groups does a gun buyback we do a massive group purchase on Jennings or other such cheap crap and we all stand in line to turn them for in the 50 to 100 bucks.  We will bankrupt their fund and create business for a firearms manufacturer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems like Jenning's is synonymous with the word cheap.

They are but one part which makes up the "Ring of Fire".

Of course Jenning's owns most of them anyways.

Don't limit yourself to just one choice.

There is also:

- Lorcin
- Bryco
- Sundance
- Raven
- Phoenix Arms
- Davis(Only good for Derringer knock-offs)

(Disclaimer: I am not a Jenning's shareholder)
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with Jennings -- after all they have been approved by the California DOJ for safety and reliability!!!

I think that they should put that on all their marketing material with the state seal, etc., etc., and maybe a picture of Gov. Davis.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Liberty Ship:
Nothing wrong with Jennings -- after all they have been approved by the California DOJ for safety and reliability!!!
View Quote

The bar must have been lowered in order for Jenning's to keep generating California good tax revenue.

Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Next time one of these cities or groups does a gun buyback we do a massive group purchase on Jennings or other such cheap crap and we all stand in line to turn them for in the 50 to 100 bucks.  We will bankrupt their fund and create business for a firearms manufacturer.
View Quote

I discussed this with an FFL in northern Virginia since he can get those for about $50, and DC will pay $100 during a buyback.  He was under the impression that if ATF really wanted to you could get nailed for "dealing without a license" by doing this.

What he suggested was this:  He buys the guns from the distributors for around $50 including shipping, people purchase them for $100 total (includes tax and background check fee), then everyone turns them in for $100.  He would donate the difference (about $50 less sales and small business taxes) to the pro-RKBA group of that person's choice.

LOL... I'd love to turn 10 Jennings in at a DC buyback knowing that $500 was going to the NRA, GOA, SAS, SAF, etc.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Bubbles has it figured out.  Those of you looking for an EFFECTIVE non-violent means of fighting the oppressive system, well...  here ya go!
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't think of a gun for under $50 unless its hot. Then the guy who turned it in is a target. I say we just don't do anything foolish like threaten, scare or brag. About our firearms and just be safe in general about handling them. Also join the NRA gang. You get great magazines and cool stickers. No better way to keep our firearm freedom. Oh I am new here and I look forward to cruising through and checking things out. Great day to all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it would be great fun to give the buy-back programs some good competition. Give a little more than the buy-back program will give until they are giving fair price to people who sell their guns.

As it is right now, these liberals are ripping people off.

Poor granny in the projects selling her late husbands .38 revolver that he carried while a cop 40 years ago gets $50 for it.

That should be a crime.

*******  Buy Back Announcement********

Anyone with Deadly Assault weapons, beware, they will kill your family. Call me and I will personally remove these horrible threats and I will even pay you up to $100 for alerting me to the presence of one of these horrible weapons of mass destruction.

I will personally remove it from your home and guarantee that you will never see it again.

So please call, your family is counting on you.

HAHA , if only it were that easy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top