Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2007 5:29:10 AM EDT
Why is that not a valid argument?

I take offense at saying such and such offended you.

If you bleeding heart pussies want to appease everyone and make sure no one is offended, what are you going to do about me being offended at your offense to whatever somebody did to offend you?

Someone go post that in DU.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Me too. It's beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If you bleeding heart pussies want to appease everyone and make sure no one is offended, what are you going to do about me being offended at your offense to whatever somebody did to offend you?

Go for it. I bet heads will explode.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried something like that once.  My troll account (or 'common-sense' account depending on whether your head resides in your ass) was eliminated rather quickly.

Of course, I've gotten myself in trouble here before for speaking the truth as well.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not offended...I'm pleasurably challenged.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#5]
oh yeah?  well i'm offended that you could be so easily offended by my being offeneded at your offensiveness.  

beat that!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Enhance you calm citizen! Enhance your calm!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh my, how offensive!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Screw enhancing calm.  We want to harsh your mellow.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll bring the graham crackers and chocolate... somebody else bring the ammo!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crackers and Chocolate... I'm offended. What are you a racist?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crackers and Chocolate... I'm offended. What are you a racist?

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I am outraged that you are offended.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#13]
We are CONSTANTLY told by the ACLU and the rest of the radical, leftwing, PC-pushing crowd that we need to be more sensitive to people's feeeeeelings - that the Gov't (especially public schools) shouldn't do ANYTHING that might POSSIBLY offend someone...

...that putting an American flag in your cubicle at work might hurt the feeeeeelings of a co-worker who may not like the country they live in,

...that a privately-organized gathering of high school students off campus called a "White Prom" or "White Convocation Ceremony" must be banned because it might be insensitive to other students who can freely attend their school-sanctioned "Black Prom" or "Hispanic Convocation Ceremonies",

...that Gov't funding of an artist to carve a religious statue and place it on public display might be insulting to the very same people who actually defend Gov't funding of an artist to carve a religious statue, cover it in elephant dung or submerge it in urine and THEN place it on public display,

...that to give out awards on the job for "Caucasian Engineer Of The Year" might possibly offend people who are nominated for the employer-sponsored "Black Engineer Of The Year" award,

...that simply including the words "God Bless America" on a 9-11 Memorial mural at school might so horribly offend even just ONE person that it must be removed no matter how many people are offended by its removal.

...that accurately portraying a US Nickle which includes the national motto "In God We Trust" on school yearbook might so irreparably harm even just ONE person that it MUST be removed no matter how many people are offended by its removal.

...that a high-school valedictorian speech in which she thanks her school, her parents and {gasp] God is a horrendous violation of everyone's rights -  yet she may actually be required by that very same school to adopt a Muslim name for a week, read the Koran and make a prayer-rug as part of a religious "tolerance" educational exercise.

...that a college professor can be sanctioned and recommened for termination for being so insensitive in sending out an email consisting of George Washington's Thanksgiving Day proclaimation a day before Thanksgiving because it offends those who hate American culture.

...that books should be banned, monuments be taken down, people be fired, history be rewritten and words be made crimes simply because someone's delicate feelings may be hurt by them.

Why are hypersensitive, hyper-offended people allowed to MANDATE changes in schools, workplaces, government and society just to placate THEIR delicate feelings - at the expense of everyone else's feelings??

WHERE is all the concern over the feeeeeelings of the MAJORITY of people who DO want to display the flag at work, who DO want to see the words "God Bless America" on a school mural and who DO want to speak and associate freely without having to bend their knee to the wishes and sensitivities of a handful of hyper-sensitive, easily-offended people?

We're being pushed towards a society bordering on "Tyranny Of The Crybabies" where we have to change our actions just to placate people who MIGHT be offended by us!

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO FORCE ME TO ACCOMODATE YOUR FRAGILE FEELINGS!!!

Look, we have so many school and workplace social workers in this country who are paid to provide "counseling" for people to cope with their personal problems - why can't we just send those FEW individuals who are so offended and traumatized at the sight of the Flag or the words "In God We Trust" at school into counseling to help them with their personal hang-ups rather than having them resort to lawsuits to ease their "suffering"?

Why can't schools send students who are so "deeply offended" at what other students do at off-campus proms into counseling to get to the root of why they are so easily offended?

Why can't employers send workers who are so insulted at awards for white engineers (but not black engineers) into "Diversity Sensitivity Training Workshops" so they will learn to become less offended and more tolerant of others races (including whites)?

It sure seems to me that those few people who are so easily offended by what others do and say are in desperate need of counseling and tolerance-training rather than having the rest of society bend and twist to conform to THEIR delicate sensitivities.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
oh yeah?  well i'm offended that you could be so easily offended by my being offeneded at your offensiveness.  

beat that!!!

Frankly I'm offended that you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I am offended by anyone who thinks he or she has a right not to be offended.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I am offended by you being offended of me being offended.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#17]

I'm offended by you guys being offended .  I do appologize if I offended thee .
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#18]
You're pissing me off.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread is troubling to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why go over there,  heads are exploding here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#21]
offend this
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
offend this

I am offended that this thread did not make it to 2 pages without my bump.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Now I'm offended
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Topics like this offend me. Stop now. Or the government will "Quell the dissent".
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#25]
The only good thing I ever heard from a phychologist:

"No one can make you feel sad, angry, or any other emotion.  They merely provide the stimulus, YOU DETERMINE how you react to it."

These people are CHOOSING to be offended, to bad for them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I will only be bothered to be offended if I get paid for being offended.  I would like to be part of the civil rights industry.  And if you don't like that well........

BTW I own page 2 beotches -- be offended by that.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#27]
FILL YOR HAND YOU SON OF A BITCH !!!!!!!!!!!!! your post offended me

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I agree.

I'll add that I'm almost never offended unless someone attacks (offends) me personally.  Tell me I'm lazy, I'll get offended.  Tell me someone else (some race, for example) is lazy, you've offended them, not me.  I don't get offended on somone's behalf.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I put up a pic the other day that offended a few, and had to take it down.
...and I got it here. Leave cold please, don't want to offend..
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z96/M4builder/patience.jpg
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#30]
since when did it become my job to make sure that you are not offended (one of my favorite lines lately)
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#32]
The big thing now is to go offend someone with something that is not offensive, but they are nevertheless offended by it because they are emotionally immature, and then have a big public apology as if you give a shit that they were offended.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enhance you calm citizen! Enhance your calm!

You want to be offended?

Well, I just glued 3 extra sea-shells in the bathroom, figure it out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#34]
I am deeply offended by o-shaped picket fences, so-called "o-fences".
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
You're pissing me off.

better pissed off than pissed on
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#36]
It offends me that you are offended by somone who is easily offended. please refrain from further offending any one else whom might take offense to being offended by your offensivness or others aforementioned or otherwise offensively offended. Please take no offense to this as none was intended and I am sorry if this offends you.

Edited for offensive content I like Pie
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I made a post and made the statement "mush brains" it offended some here. It was just my opinion, no need to get offended, was just my point of view. Relax and remember people have different points of view.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

"No one can make you feel sad, angry, or any other emotion.  They merely provide the stimulus, YOU DETERMINE how you react to it."

Psychologist, ok, but you should be offended if a proctologist told you that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psychologist, ok, but you should be offended if a proctologist told you that.

Now I'm pffended again.

What did the proctologist say to the Gynocologist?

"I was this close to getting your job." put you index finger and thumb close together for the visual aid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top