Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:07:18 PM EDT
So I turn onto a two lane road with a 45mph speed limit right behind a semi with an oversize load.  At that point it was only one lane due to construction.

It opens up to two shortly and stays that way for a good 2-3 miles.  The whole time it was one lane the trucker was going 50 or so mph.  When it opened to two I went into the other lane to pass(the construction up ahead is a huge fuster cluck and I didn't want to be stuck behind a huge ass semi with an OL at the intersection).

I speed up to 60 yet somehow about halfway through he starts pulling ahead.  Wtf?  So I take it up to 70, same thing.  I'm up to 80mph on a 45 and this truck is still starting to pull ahead.  I'm also starting to run out of room.  I took it up to 85 before I finally said 'fuck it' and layed on my horn.

What a fucking dick.  I shouldn't have gone that fast, granted, but this fuckhead was pushing 90mph in a 45 in a fucking semi that was bulging out the sides with giant concrete pipes.  To top it off, when it went back to one lane and I had to get behind him I was overjoyed to find out from the sound of stones pinging off my hood that he didn't have any muddflaps.

/rant
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm up to 80mph on a 45 and this truck is still starting to pull ahead.  I'm also starting to run out of room.  I took it up to 85 before I finally said 'fuck it' and layed on my horn.

That wasn't the brightest thing you could have done, was it?  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That trucker is probably a member here so......personal attack.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Just out of curiousity....what sort of POS are you driving that you can't outrun and overtake an overloaded semi truck?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just out of curiousity....what sort of POS are you driving that you can't outrun and overtake an overloaded semi truck?  Just curious.

i am wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#5]

a fucking semi that was bulging out the sides with giant concrete pipes.

And you couldn't pass? what, are you driving a fucking go kart?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
In before Dusty_C and Nationwide

Oversized-Load truck doing 80mph?

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Bandit, looks like we got us a convoy!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of car do you drive that a semi can out accelerate you?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i am wondering the same thing.

Quoted:

Quoted:
What kind of car do you drive that a semi can out accelerate you?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I wasn't going to floor it just to get around a truck.  I slowely increased my speed thinking I wouldn't have any problem getting around him.

It's still a POS but I could have easily overtaken him if I put it to the floor.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Cool.  Where we going?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
These threads always turn out pretty good.  This is not a tag.  I repeat, this is not a tag.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You wanna get high? He totally thought he was going 85!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A Toyota?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm up to 80mph on a 45 and this truck is still starting to pull ahead.  I'm also starting to run out of room.  I took it up to 85 before I finally said 'fuck it' and layed on my horn.

That wasn't the brightest thing you could have done, was it?  

No but I had to show him how big my e-penis was...

edit: I seen you callin' me a dumbass.  You little fudgeker  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.  Where we going?

OMAHA?!?!?!?!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.  Where we going?

Omaha!

Missed it by THAT much!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.  Where we going?

Hiway to Hell?

Really, I think we are heading to a "lock"smith.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.  Where we going?

OMAHA?!?!?!?!  

It's about a ten minute trip.  But if you insist....
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't going to floor it just to get around a truck.  I slowely increased my speed thinking I wouldn't have any problem getting around him.

It's still a POS but I could have easily overtaken him if I put it to the floor.  

Dude, you "slowly increased your speed" to close to 90mph and still didn't pass an overloaded semi truck?  At what speed does one actually say, "the truck dun beat me" and you back off?  With an overloaded, bulging tire load, none-the-less!!!!

I'm left speechless.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you "slowly increased your speed" to close to 90mph and still didn't pass an overloaded semi truck?  At what speed does one actually say, "the truck dun beat me" and you back off?  With an overloaded, bulging tire load, none-the-less!!!!

I'm left speechless.

Like I said, at 85.

I wasn't going to get into a roadfight with him and gun it in front of him.  I just kept increasing my speed thinking he'd let me by.  Well, till about 70, then I was just pissed but I still wasn't going to gun it and cut off something about 10x heavier than me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool.  Where we going?

Hiway to Hell?

Really, I think we are heading to a "lock"smith.

Nah, I think its the same place Dennis Weaver was going that one day.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#23]
So the trucker was cockblocking you basically?

He didn't want anyone getting in front of him so he acted like an inconsiderate asshole.

Welcome to LA traffic. Now try that at 15mph with a top of 35 and the entire right lane full of semi's for 45 miles and thats the 5 freeway!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Since we've got the "Convoy" and "Smoky and the Bandit" references going, might as well have the music to go along with them.  

flymeaway.net/Convoy.mp3

flymeaway.net/Eastbound_and_Down.mp3

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#27]
The man who passes a speeding semi truck, is depending on the semi trucks brakes being powerful enough to stop that same speeding semi truck from crushing him..........

Not to mention banking on the self control of the driver that was just racing him in a construction zone.....................
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#28]
You do realize that the trucker in question is sitting around right now telling all his buddies how he whipped your ass today, right?

Go find the $500 car note thread.  It really isn't as bad as it sounds.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Truckers are like any other profession.....You got good, and bad ones. The majority are hard working citizens like everyone else.

The few bad dealings that I've had with truckers were usually young and new drivers.  

My neighbor is an over the road driver, and he works his ass off. Poor guy, he's never home. He's missed watching his kids grow up.. Has to suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top