Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2007 11:52:50 AM EDT
I know I'm not allowed to bring it into the dorms, but is it legal for me to have a locked handgun in my car (parked on campus)?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not go to the Texas hometown forum?  You'll have better luck getting info/advice..... I don't have any answers for you, but I'm sure that someone there will.  THey'll probably even be able to give you the exact law.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Int the trunk yes, in the cab no.  That law may change soon by accounts.  In Louisiana it is legal anywhere in the car.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
On pure principle, no. A car IS NOT SECURE!! If your car gets broken into you just put a gun into the hands of a criminal.  Don't do it. Just don't say a word to anybody. If you want your gun with you, bring it into the dorms and lock it up. If it comes time that you need it, getting kicked out of school won't be a big deal, you'll still be alive.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have a link to the code/law regarding this? It isn't that I don't believe, I just don't want to risk my future on the word of an internet stranger .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top