Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 6:59:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to hear how it performs!  I should be receiving my PCR rifle kit this week... then gunshow this weekend for some mags... hopefully I'll get to the range on Sunday to start breaking her in.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Be very careful with any rifle, especially one of such a small caliber as an AR, around water.  A little drop of water in the barrel will ruin your day.z
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I say try to run about 5000 rounds of Wolf through it without cleaning it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been interested in doing this also... ya be careful w/water, make sure and pull the bolt back a bit to let the water drain out first.  So, what I would like to see is the test performed with an ak also.  If someone could provide pictures of all the tests, I'll put together a site, I have the domain name arvsak.com all ready for it....
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I would suggest closing the dust cover unless you plan on doing some serious wear to the internals with SAND.

Dust Cover was put there for a reason. Keep it closed unless your firing your rifle.

Make sure you have a clear barrel before firing during the water, rain, sand tests.

If you manage to get a lot of junk into the bolt or locking lugs, you might have some closing probs. Thus the reason for the dust cover? I assume this is up for debate though.

Overall I think your test is good. Major debate would be around whether to have dust cover open or closed while throwing her in the sand box, etc...

_FS

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Suggested Additional Tests
(1.) Firefight Test. Attempt to fire 1000 rounds through it at Rapid Fire, pausing only to swap magazines to check for failure to Extract after the barrel gets really hot. (also NO cleaning)

(2.) Duration Test. Fire 5000 rounds through it without cleaning it. This should test how it function when the action is really filthy.

(3.) Sand and Sea water Test. Dunk it in a tub of Sea Water and then  pour sand over it.

(4.) Test if with different bullet weights and bullet types. To see if there are feeding problems with some bullets.

(5.) Corrosion Test. Immerse it in a tub of Sea Water for 1 week. Then dry it out and fire it.
Repeat same test for 2 Week interval.

(6.) Magazine Test: Test Fire it with different types of magazines. USGI, Orlite, Thermold, After market USA magazines, etc.

(7.) Night Fire Test. Test for size of Flash Signature with different types of ammunition.

(8.) Accuracy Tests. Test for Accuracy (Cold Barrel) at 100,200,400,600,1000 yards.
First series of Testing using M193.
Second Series using M855.
Third Series using Match Grade Ammo.

(9.) Repeat Accuracy Test with Hot Barrel. Same distances.

(10.) Drop Test. Drop Rifle from a height of 7 meters (about 21 feet) onto a concrete floor.
Butt first.
Test Fire.
Repeat with Muzzle first.
Test Fire.
Repeat with rifle falling horizontal (lengthwise.)
Test Fire.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Submersion in aqua regia test.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I say try to run about 5000 rounds of Wolf through it without cleaning it.
View Quote

Without cleaning??? Good god man, that will kill any rifle!

Av.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#9]
"Without cleaning??? Good god man, that will kill any rifle!"

no it won't. try a kalashnikov.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Zm/OG/pU/IX57745.jpg[/img]

designed to shoot the crappiest ammo a 3rd world shithole can crank out...all day long. wolf, ulyanhevsk, barnaul, tula cartridge works...bring it on. steel case, steel jacket, laquer film...no problems.

Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top