Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 5:45:04 PM EDT
A co-worker's wife was almost kidnapped in the parking lot of a supermarket about a week ago.  Well, not exactly almost, here's how it went down according to him and her.

She comes out of the store, walking towards her truck, when a guy approaches her and asks her for some money, what time is it, etc.  She offers the guy a few bucks and asks him to leave her alone, at which point he said something like "You better come with me and get in my truck."  He didn't have a weapon AFAIK, the exact details escape me at this time.

She just kinda looked at him like he was stupid, and the guy again tells her to get in his truck, or else.  The guy then said "What, you aren't scared?  You aren't gonna scream or anything?"  She told him no, because she has a .41 magnum in her truck.  The dude bugged out after that, she went back inside the store and the cops were called.  They're still looking for this guy I think.

I don't know all the details exactly, but how would you respond to some dude coming up to you in a parking lot, demanding you come with him "or else?"  Drawdown?  Holler and yell to get some attention (this was in broad daylight, BTW)?  Kick this dude's ass?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
numbah 1 rule

do not give money to the shitbags.  It shows weakness and encourages futher dickery and fuckery

most of these situations can be short circuited by a firm refusal followed by going away while keeping a good eye on the shitbag.  If further action was taken on his part indeed a drawdown might occur
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Showed him what the .41 magnum looked like

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Show him my carry gun while calling my GSD out of my truck
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
1)Not give any money or any sort of anything to any sort of scummy-looking character.

In the subject case:

1) DD

since I can't really do that...

use any sort of instrument possible to beat his arse.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
ETA - Disregard the original post.  

Okay, bottom line in all seriousness 'cause I honestly don't know what I'd do if it were me:

1.  Is he to be taken as a serious threat to your person?  And if so, how would you respond?

Call this guy being some random dude/bum, kinda downtrodden, no idea if he's armed or not, he has no weapons in his hands when he first confronts you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Happened a coupla years ago - and I think my response (#5) would be the same for your scenario.

1.  Almost 2200, and I'm putting groceries in my van,

2.  Nasty, babyfood pea green rice burner pulls up about 25 or so feet from me, and the guy says, 'You got any spare change?'

3.  I said, 'Nope'

4.  He opens his car door, gets almost all the way out and says, 'How about you give me your wallet.'

5.  I said, 'How about I blow your fucking brains out.'

Seemed to resolve the situation just fine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Happened a coupla years ago - and I think my response (#5) would be the same for your scenario.

1.  Almost 2200, and I'm putting groceries in my van,

2.  Nasty, babyfood pea green rice burner pulls up about 25 or so feet from me, and the guy says, 'You got any spare change?'

3.  I said, 'Nope'

4.  He opens his car door, gets almost all the way out and says, 'How about you give me your wallet.'

5.  I said, 'How about I blow your fucking brains out.'

Seemed to resolve the situation just fine.

hahahaha.......... awesome.......... just awesome......... can you try and describe the look on his face please??   it must have been fucking priceless.........

To answer OP:  My EDC would be drawn out from it's 3 o'clock position IWB and brought up to clear view with his nose in my sites..........  I'm thinking he would be leaving soon........  if not, he gets .40 ranger for dinner..........

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
hahahaha.......... awesome.......... just awesome......... can you try and describe the look on his face please??   it must have been fucking priceless.........

His eyes got a little big, and he quickly got back in his car and hauled butt.  He was about 25 feet or so from me, so I didn't get an exact look.  But I did see "surprise"

He didn't get all the way out, and was still kinda behind the driver's door...his right foot still looked to be in the car.

I gotta admit I laughed on the way home.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
One time in Denver....

walking to a gas station...

him "hey man got any change"

me "nope"

him "well your walking towards the store"

me " I got to get TP"

him "If I had a knife Id take your wallet"

me " if you had a knife I would fucking shoot you"

him running away...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
HAHA!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#11]
You bet! Just let me grab something from the trunk real quick...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top