Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 8:53:28 AM EDT
In addition to these threads www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=600107

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=600162

watch this:

www.collegehumor.com/video:1771093

Who was it that posted This dangerous terrain was near the Highway? I remember th post... He gets a bozo button.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
he's off the air here
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
What a fake.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#3]
The douchebaggery (or is it buggery?) is strong with this one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Haven't seen him on for a while. Is he canceled?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
That was great. I laughed pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Reality TV....isn't.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Ohhh. THAT is good. The GF still loves that show. I can't wait to use this to finally sway her!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#8]
that

was

halarious
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I knew everything I needed to know about this guy just watching some of the dangerous shit he did while teaching "survival" (which generally doesn't include deliberately performing dangerous acts, hence the emphasis on "survival").

That same episode, he came out of the water, clearly having a life jacket on under his clothes, which then disappeared (sudden loss of the bulk) a few frames later.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#10]

pwned
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]
i like survivorman better anyway...

i hope les isn't a fake.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

i hope les isn't a fake.

Nope, met him.
He was at the Airforce base in Trenton Ca when I was working there in 2005.

He does a lot of reading before he goes to most places to see what he can eat and what can kill him.
He is a pure lib though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Q3131 Gets the Bozo Button

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=576846

Quoted:
I just saw him wandering around in a lava field on the Big Island of Hawaii. He was acting like he was walking for miles and miles trying to find civilization.

It just so happens that I live in Hawaii and my favorite past time is hiking. I recognized the area he was hiking in. He was walking along the southwest rift just a few hundred yards off of Crater Rim Drive (the paved main road that circles Kilauea Caldera) near the Ka'u Desert Trailhead. There is a parking area just off camera where tour buses full of old people get out to poke along the crack and take pictures. I even recognized a few pu'u (hills) off in the distance that confirmed his location.
After he's done walking around the rift explaining the geology of the area (which he got all wrong) he suddenly magically appears at his destination: the Lae'apuki Lava Delta which is about 30 miles away!
The lava delta is the famous area of Hawaii where the lava from Pu'u O'o vent pours into the ocean and produces a big steam cloud. To get there, you simply drive to end of Chain of Craters Road and follow the well marked trail anywhere from a few hundred feet to 3 miles depending on where the lava flow has shifted. Mr Survivalist was standing at the end of that trail acting like he just walked cross-country from the southwest rift.
Then he magically appears on the far (east side) of the lava delta again acting like he hiked there. If he actually did that, he would have had to walk across and ACTIVE LAVA FLOW that's about 2000 F. Its also against park regulations (he's in a national park) to walk on active flows.
To get where he is standing now, requires you to drive half way across the island to the area known as Puna and take the new road the county bulldozed across the lava a few years ago at the end of Highway 130 past Pahoa.
Mr. Outdoorsman then pointed and excitedly proclaimed he found what he was looking for: civilization! The camera then panned to the parking area of the new county road.

All this asshole did was drive around the Big Island then get out the car and walk around a bit and pretend he was on a big expedition. Every place they showed him was literally only a few hundred yards (at most) from paved road.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
He is a pure lib though.

I love his show. [Les Stroud]

I was hoping that shit about "I hate to kill and would only do it when it is an absolute  yada yada" while holding up whatever it was he just beat to death with a stick was just for the more squeamish viewers.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He is a pure lib though.

I love his show. [Les Stroud]

I was hoping that shit about "I hate to kill and would only do it when it is an absolute  yada yada" while holding up whatever it was he just beat to death with a stick was just for the more squeamish viewers.

the last episode i saw he was killing some wacky african birds (or at least trying desperately to) with some ill begotten spear... i felt bad for him... his lashing skills wouldn't have gotten him First Class in my boy scout troop...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i hope les isn't a fake.

Nope, met him.

He does a lot of reading before he goes to most places to see what he can eat and what can kill him.
He is a pure lib though.

I figured that much...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I knew the guy was a complete fake the first time I saw him, but that was just pothetic!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Best Bear moment was when he squeezed an elephant turd for water!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Relive the moment: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFg_Jy0c_g.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Relive the moment: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lFg_Jy0c_g.

That clump nearly landed in his mouth.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i hope les isn't a fake.

Nope, met him.

He is a pure lib though.

Don't mean it ain't fake.

You really think he carries 3+ cameras, batteries, battery chargers, tripods, video tape, mic, ect. around for a week by himself. I worked in television production for 12 years almost everything you see on TV that is supposed to be real is to some extent faked.

If it is on TV do not trust what you see EVER.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Don't mean it ain't fake.

You really think he carries 3+ cameras, batteries, battery chargers, tripods, video tape, mic, ect. around for a week by himself. I worked in television production for 12 years almost everything you see on TV that is supposed to be real is to some extent faked.

If it is on TV do not trust what you see EVER.

He carries everything. He also goes back and gets it and carries it again.

The guys that he has to hire (Not the same crew all the time) told me he is a fucking nut and sometimes he doesnt make it out. Those are not aired, not because it shows him as weak but it has no value on tv. There were a few that he didnt make it and he put them on anyway due to a lot of work. The worst he said was in a boat in the ocean.
Honestly I tend to believe the Air Force guys that have to pick him up.
I thought it was odd that you can hire the Canadian Air Force heh.
We were there for a steak dinner which they have all the time.
Got to love those Canadians.

But hell, May be all bullshit. Let me live in my world of there has to be at least one non bullshit show I like.

The other show you could tell by him jumping around and things. You would never jump over a creek and try to catch a tree. you would build a bridge first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top