Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 7:26:37 AM EDT
Police Brutality in PR      

Audio is in spanish......for translation just ask me and I will translate it...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Third World Cops. Absolute power, absolutely corrupts. Same shit, different day.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Welcome to Third World Cops. Absolute power, absolutely corrupts. Same shit, different day.

Your an idiot..........
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Coming to a state near you
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
HERE'S another video clip of a guy getting blasted in the chest with a shotgun from ~10' [you need to sign in first *GRAPHIC CONTENT!*] somewhere in South America
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

Good morning officer
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Cops was limping wonder if he was stabbed or shot ?

I couldn't see squat, or understand a thing.

No verdict.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No verdict.

I wonder if he shot himself thru the dudes head!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#9]
IF this shooting was not justified, it's time for a trip to the PD by family and friends.  Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned lynching.  

IF the vic threatened to use deadly force, well then the use of deadly force on him was probably justified.  Tough to see/ understand what took place here.

--VT
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I did not see a thing but a wall and a bunch of legs.  You consider this "graphic"?.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:39:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

No verdict.

One cop negligently discharges his weapon accidentaly wounding the other officer
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

Who's the idiot?
It's "you're" dumb ass
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No verdict.

+1

there was nothing on camera to provide context to the allegation.

no verdict
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:43:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

Who's the idiot?
It's "you're" dumb ass
tag
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I couldn't see shit...

- AG
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IF this shooting was not justified, it's time for a trip to the PD by family and friends.  Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned lynching.  

IF the vic threatened to use deadly force, well then the use of deadly force on him was probably justified.  Tough to see/ understand what took place here.

--VT

the victim was directing the trafic because he was part of a motorcycle club and had a sweet fifteen activity of one's of the members daughter, the cops arrived and the discusion exploded in insults and violence from the officers , the man walks to the sidewalk and then the officers beated him........the man was unarmed......the 1rt shot was a negligent discharge from one officer wounding the partnet in the leg............the man was struggling because he was beaten down and at that moment he was shot down in the back....he was facing the floor and executed/finished with a last shot in the back of the head.......
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

Oh the irony!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#19]
All I saw was a mass of tangled legs....

What little I could see showed the guy in the yellow shirt with his arms wrapped around the officer's legs....

It's possible he could have gone for the officer's weapon and it may have discharged in the struggle.

Dunno though...the video is too tough to tell anything from.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
HERE'S another video clip of a guy getting blasted in the chest with a shotgun from ~10' [you need to sign in first *GRAPHIC CONTENT!*] somewhere in South America

Damn!!   thats for like 10" then 10 feet..

thats gotta suck..
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Huh....

Looks like he was trying to run away from the scene and got capped from very close range. At first I thought it was a beanbag round, but there's a LOT of blood....must have been birdshot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Damn!!   thats for like 10" then 10 feet..

thats gotta suck..

Ya.

It was darn near muzzle contact.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

Good morning officer

Now THAT'S funny.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#24]
If the officer whose leg he was holding onto was right-handed, then he may have been going for the officer's holster.  I can't really tell.

Not that much to see in that video... very poor quality.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Where in PR was this?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Police officer Javier Pagán Cruz fired several shots at point-blank range at Miguel Cáceres Cruz during a botched arrest. The incident took place on August 12 2007 in Humacao, Puerto Rico. Witnesses claim that the police officer accidentally shot the unarmed and non violent victim once and then proceeded to shot him several more times to kill him intentionally. The incident is currently under FBI investigation. (more)

youtube.com/watch?v=zRj7MlzRrAo
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Having lived in South America (Venezuela) for a couple of years let me point out that standards there are simply not on par with law enforcement standards we see here.  That isn't to say that they are bad people.  I'm just pointing out that they usually don't benefit from the level of training and/or education that US LEO's enjoy.

Not only that, but they have to deal with armed gangs at a level that few of us can comprehend.

Yes, corruption can also be very commonplace in such parts of the world.  If you visit Latin America it is wise to keep your nose clean and remember that you're in their territory.

A police officer in Venezuela saved a friend of mine at the cost of his own life.  Neleidy found herself right in the middle of a shootout between police and local thugs.  One officer ran out to her to push her down behind cover, and dropped dead next to her from wounds taken while protecting her.  It can be a brutal world out there.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#28]
That made me dizzy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I have LEO friends that saw the video and told me that if he would be there in the manslauther he would arrest the officer immediatly.....this friend is Sargeant Joel Gonzales, Director of Homicyde Division
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#30]
if you nottice.the officers left the area without checking for vitals nor calling 9-1-1
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

What about his idiot?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your an idiot..........

Who's the idiot?
It's "you're" dumb ass
tag

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I have no doubt that this "officer" is nothing more then a cold blooded killer.  My family still lives on the island and I can assure you that PR is NOT a 3rd world country.  The "federalies" do not run around unchecked like they do in Mexico or South American contries.

The LEOs on the island are just as capable, heroic, driven, and in some cases corrupt as LEOs in any other state (no, PR isn't its own country, it's an american common wealth)

To the idiots that say that PR is just like any other bannana republic dictatorship, crack open a book once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I have no doubt that this "officer" is nothing more then a cold blooded killer.  My family still lives on the island and I can assure you that PR is NOT a 3rd world country.  The "federalies" do not run around unchecked like they do in Mexico or South American contries.

The LEOs on the island are just as capable, heroic, driven, and in some cases corrupt as LEOs in any other state (no, PR isn't its own country, it's an american common wealth)

To the idiots that say that PR is just like any other bannana republic dictatorship, crack open a book once in a while.

Half the people here don’t know that the Puerto Rico is part of the United States.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I've been going to PR for business for the past 28 years. I can tell you that there exists the worst vicious cycle I've ever seen. The police don't respect the people and the people don't respect the police. It pales what we think we have here.

The people are viewed as ignorant peons and the police as heavy handed macho men. Both are afraid of each other, except the police have the law backing them up.

PR is the only place I know where they have drive-bys on bicycles. Half the time it's done for drugs, the other half as a gang entry ritual.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That made me dizzy.

Amen. I thought I was gonna get sick.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I've spent almost a month straight in PR.  I didn't feel bad putting wheels up to that place.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Half the people here don’t know that the Puerto Rico is part of the United States.

Kinda sorta...........

PR still has its own national flag & Olympic teams. Their athletes are ineligible for US Olympic teams as well.

OTOH, they are a commonwealth of the US, use US dollars as currency & 75% of PR gets US welfare tax $$$$$$...............    

So, they are neither fish nor fowl, IMO...............
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda sorta...........

PR still has its own national flag & Olympic teams. Their athletes are ineligible for US Olympic teams as well.

OTOH, they are a commonwealth of the US, use US dollars as currency & 75% of PR gets US welfare tax $$$$$$...............    

So, they are neither fish nor fowl, IMO...............

Since 1950's Puerto Rico have been asking to the Congress for becoming a US state....the reason we have our own "national flag" is because there's a big goverment group that still keep us like a colony of the US and not a state, in fact the actual national flag is not the original flag of Puerto Rico, the colors are different and the meaning of the red and white stripes where changed, and the blue triangle is not the same as the original design, All this waas changes by the former governor/dictator Luis Muñoz Marin...yes we have an olympic team, but we have US passport, which is more important?  the only thing we need to become a state is that we need a civil war so we can have more in common with the US
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This shooting is from the Japanese embassy in Peru.
Terrorists took over the embassy and killed a few hostages.
The guy being shot is one of the terrorists that was trying to escape by pretending to be a hostage.
Peruvians don't play...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top