Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 7:14:52 AM EDT
I really would like to get one of Nokia's smartphones (E70, probably), but I want to make sure that it would work on Verizon's network.

I know that the phone would work, but I'd hate to shell out $400 only to find out that the internet features won't work.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I really would like to get one of Nokia's smartphones (E70, probably), but I want to make sure that it would work on Verizon's network.

I know that the phone would work, but I'd hate to shell out $400 only to find out that the internet features won't work.

Anyone?

Howard's Forums are your friend...

In a nutshell - the phone stuff might work, but internet probably won't. Verizon is notorious for locking down/crippling their phones in new and interesting ways, in an effort to extract the most fares for usage. I was a vVerizon customer for a long time until I got sick and tired of watching other carriers zoom right on by with capabilities and features. If you want to use the Verizon network, your better off getting a Verizon phone, and living within their framework...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you want to use the Verizon network, your better off getting a Verizon phone, and living within their framework...

That is what I was afraid of. Too bad Verizon has the shittiest selection of phones.

Thanks for the help.

I wonder why the rest of the world has kickass phones and we have the three-year-old shit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That is what I was afraid of. Too bad Verizon has the shittiest selection of phones.

Thanks for the help.

I wonder why the rest of the world has kickass phones and we have the three-year-old shit.

Now you know why after 4 years I left Verizon for AT&T

Hey, look...I get the internet on my phone now!

Like, ALL of it

Just wait until they run another promo; scan HowardForums for promotions. I found one they were having; a new 8525 + service, through the Premiere Account setup (corporate customers). Phone was free with voice and data plans. They run unannounced deals all the time...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top