Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2007 6:21:02 PM EDT
..and he said something that cracked me up.

He's new to this company and industry; he's the field tech supervisor, and I'm a senior field tech.  We supply large industrial equipment to various industries/municipalities, so we spend a lot of time on construction sites.

This past week was his first visit to a construction site, so he needed to get a hardhat.  He stopped at Grainger on the way home the day before, and picked up a nice, shiny white hardhat.  He didn't want to walk on the site in office clothes and a shiny new hardhat, out of some fear of being thought an office dweeb/engineer.  So what does he do?

Wait for it...

He threw his hardhat down the driveway, to give it that "used" look.

I wish I was making this up.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I did something like that once, ripped a brand new shirt, my mom whipped my ass, I never did it again...
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess noone remembers the similar thread where the guy throws his AR down the driveway for that "used in combat" look?

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I guess noone remembers the similar thread where the guy throws his AR down the driveway for that "used in combat" look?

It was an AK.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used to oil up my band new shinny baseball glove and then proceed to run it over and over with my dads pickup truck to break it in.

That's different though.  You don't break a glove in to give it that 'used look.'  You break it in so it actually works..
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

He's new to this company and industry; he's the field tech supervisor, and I'm a senior field tech.  We supply large industrial equipment to various industries/municipalities, so we spend a lot of time on construction sites.

This past week was his first visit to a construction site, so he needed to get a hardhat.  He stopped at Grainger on the way home the day before, and picked up a nice, shiny white hardhat.  He didn't want to walk on the site in office clothes and a shiny new hardhat, out of some fear of being thought an office dweeb/engineer.  So what does he do?

Wait for it...

We have noobs do this sort of shit at the shipyard.  

Only problem is that  there is a real difference between a real "used" hardhat, and a new one that someone scuffed up.

It just makes them look like bigger noobs then before.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
that's pretty good.

Tell him if he takes it out and uses it underwater it'll have that authentic aquabumped look to it and nobody will be able to tell he's an office engineering dweeb

or tell him to give it to you and you'll blast it with birdshot to give it that authentic used look.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected

No, it was an AR with an EoTech on it.

Yes, it was.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected

Yes, it was.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait for it...

We have noobs do this sort of shit at the shipyard.  

Only problem is that  there is a real difference between a real "used" hardhat, and a new one that someone scuffed up.

It just makes them look like bigger noobs then before.

When I got a new hat here at NNSY(east coast Gov. Shipyard) I tried to keep it clean. Most people knew that it was the hat that was new and not me!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected

Yes, it was.

i remember seeing pics from the thread, wasnt it NT that did it ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow awesome thread man.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected

Yes, it was.

i remember seeing pics from the thread, wasnt it NT that did it ?

Yes
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected

No, actually, you don't. It WAS an AR and it was our resident military "officer" Napolean_Tanerite.    Kicked his AR around the parking lot to give it that "been there, done that" look all the cool kids in Iraq and A-stan are sporting.

Again...  This bears repeating.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to work at Grainger.

What ever happened to Napoleon_Tanerite anyways?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected

No, actually, you don't. It WAS an AR and it was our resident military "officer" Napolean_Tanerite.    Kicked his AR around the parking lot to give it that "been there, done that" look all the cool kids in Iraq and A-stan are sporting.

The thing that sticks out most in my mind was that the guy had just completed his training and was going off to fly F-18s for the Navy. No offense to infantry, but why would a fighter pilot want to beat up a perfectly good rifle? Isn't being a fighter pilot impressive enough? And who would have ever believed that he had actually put all that wear on his gun?

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an AK.

I stand corrected

The thing that sticks out most in my mind was that the guy had just completed his training and was going off to fly F-18s for the Navy. No offense to infantry, but why would a fighter pilot want to beat up a perfectly good rifle? Isn't being a fighter pilot impressive enough? And who would have ever believed that he had actually put all that wear on his gun?

He was going to be a Air Farce pilot, you know, give them a 5 minute break and you have to retrain them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top