Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:59:02 PM EDT
It sucks to be the last one without a chair when the music stops.

msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7119802?MSNHPHMA
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
He was a nutcase.  Fry him.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In the end even if convicted on all counts, he will get off lighter then Me or you would for shooting a pitbull in the street that tried to attack us.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In the end even if convicted on all counts, he will get off lighter then Me or you would for shooting a pitbull in the street that tried to attack us.

+1 since it would be racist to do otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Millions a year salary for a football contract.  Five hundred dollars for each dog fight you win.  Yes, kids, he's a jeenius.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Millions a year salary for a football contract.  Five hundred dollars for each dog fight you win.  Yes, kids, he's a jeenius.

Im sure odds were good he would not get busted or charged.

until the Feds stepped in Nothing had been done, he is Rich and Famous, free pass on most crimes 90% of the time
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Yup, I'm sure when the local cops catch him speeding or reckless driving they just say "Hey nice reckless driving there Mr. Vick."  

The guy would probably have to burn down half the city to get arrested by the locals.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Simply barbaric.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]
mark my words...

they gonna make an example outta him..

he's done... toast? mayhap burnt toast...
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
All this means is that the "co-defendants" could not afford a decent attorney. They got out the easiest way they knew how.

Vick will walk - maybe a slap on the wrist. Mark my words. After all, we are talking about dogs - property.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Vick will walk - maybe a slap on the wrist. Mark my words. After all, we are talking about dogs - property.

Dogs make alot of emotion in people, some people will be more upset over him doing that to dogs then if he had tortured humans
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm shocked, shocked to learn that his "friends" turned state's.

No honor among thugs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if it's too late for Mike to cut his own deal?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No honor among thugs.

If I had 120mil Id buy my homies a good lawyer too

Is that 120 mil. before or after taxes?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Vick will do time.

But what do I know?

I thought OJ was guilty.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

But what do I know?

I thought OJ was guilty.

i186.photobucket.com/albums/x71/1895mauser/wheres_waldo1.jpg

I think if he does get prison, the other prisoners will treat him like a king.
I do hate the justie system that depends on crimminals ratting out other crimminals. Seems unethical to me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No honor among thugs.

If I had 120mil Id buy my homies a good lawyer too

To possess the forethought hire said lawyers required a skill set he lacked:

Prudence, strategic thinking, seeing other possibilities, etc.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But what do I know?

I thought OJ was guilty.

I think if he does get prison, the other prisoners will treat him like a king QUEEN.
I do hate the justie system that depends on crimminals ratting out other crimminals. Seems unethical to me.

Fixed it for you.

You are probably right. And the first to rat gets the best deal. I would have thought Vick would pay for the other defendant's lawyers to keep them from ratting on him. He can afford it. The Feds don't mess around though. If Martha Stewart did time, Vick probably will. They have a 90% conviction rate, and the evidence is airtight.

I was just trying to add a little humor.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#18]
IF he goes to prison he will be treated like thug royalty.  I don't know where people get the idea that he will be ass raped 24/7, like prisoners are the ultimate dispensers of justice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But what do I know?

I thought OJ was guilty.

I think if he does get prison, the other prisoners will treat him like a king QUEEN.

Fixed it for you.

You are probably right. And the first to rat gets the best deal. I would have thought Vick would pay for the other defendant's lawyers to keep them from ratting on him. He can afford it. The Feds don't mess around though. If Martha Stewart did time, Vick probably will. They have a 90% conviction rate, and the evidence is airtight.

I was just trying to add a little humor.

The Feds are NOT through charging him, looks like they are going to go RICO for Racketeering and tax charges.  Vick has been linked to a dog fighting ring spanning multiple States.   The racketeering could land him in the slammer for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't think he will see the inside of a prison cell over this case.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope he does hard time, but I doubt that he will.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#22]
"The Longest Yard" Part II    
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Let's hope not, if the fuck wants to act the part of a thug, then he should serve hard time to keep his rep intact. Anyone who would abuse a dog should burn in hell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IF he goes to prison he will be treated like thug royalty.  I don't know where people get the idea that he will be ass raped 24/7, like prisoners are the ultimate dispensers of justice.

Yep.  It's not as if Mr. Vick is some 125-pound 19 year-old newbie.

The guy's in pretty good shape himself.  That and his celebrity will ensure that he leaves prison with his ass cherry intact.

Unless, of course, he gets kinda lonely and gives it up voluntarily...

A lot of people here are VERY unfamiliar with the Federal Courts, the Judge on Vick's case does NOT give out lenient sentences and Federal sentences mandate that one has to do approximately 90% of the sentence BEFORE becoming eligible for parole. Federal Courts are NOT run like circuses like in the OJ case, Federal Judges will have non of that crap and one does well not to piss them off.  

Just the Dog fighting, he is looking at a max of 4 years and some change, the Racketeering charges alone that Feds are expected to bring, Vick will be facing serious jail time.

Good
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#25]
 his is still going to be wealthy. so rich toast.  he appears to care only of himself, so this likely banning form nfl will not be as great a blow as some would think.

he could not play forever anyways....  he ought to get what he gave his dogs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Dogs make alot of emotion in people, some people will be more upset over him doing that to dogs then if he had tortured humans

You can put me squarely in that camp.

My first foster dog was an ~11 year old pit bull that had been kept chained up in a yard somewhere, probably for most of his life.  It looks like he chewed his way out... every single tooth he had was either broken off or worn down to the gumline.  Anyone who could say that dog didn't have cause to hate everything that walks on two legs would have to be stupid or blind... but JayJay was the sweetest, most lovong dog you'd ever want to see.  He forgave humanity for what was done to him.  How many humans would, or could, do the same thing?

There is something especially evil about abusing and betraying that trust and loyalty.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
 his is still going to be wealthy. so rich toast.  he appears to care only of himself, so this likely banning form nfl will not be as great a blow as some would think.

Not if they go RICO on him,he'll lose everything. RICO is what the Feds used against the mafia.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#28]
He will probably do as much time
as the cop who left his dog in the car in AZ.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
 his is still going to be wealthy. so rich toast.he
Not if they go RICO on him,he'll lose everything. RICO is what the Feds used against the mafia.

RICO was also used on the Hells Angels.   Vick will do major time if they hang this on him.  Good.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 since it would be racist to do otherwise.

Some clown professing to be a doctor wrote in to ESPN saying that there were racial overtones in this whole mess and said that Georgia was still racist in 2007.

Gee, the Federal indictment was obtained in Virginia, his court appearance was in Virginia, and Roger Goodell is in NY.  So, how is Georgia involved in all this?  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im sure odds were good he would not get busted or charged.

until the Feds stepped in Nothing had been done, he is Rich and Famous, free pass on most crimes 90% of the time

Oh, the local sheriff and DA were gonna just let this crap slide.  The DA didn't like the way the warrant was worded.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
All this means is that the "co-defendants" could not afford a decent attorney. They got out the easiest way they knew how.

That's exactly why they rolled on him.  The dumbass should have hired attornies for them as well with his ass on the line.  

People talk about his friends turning on him, it seems he turned on them first.  In additon to hanging them out to dry with no legal help, he has been blaming them all along.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But what do I know?

I thought OJ was guilty.

I think if he does get prison, the other prisoners will treat him like a king.

How the hell else are they gonna catch punks like him?  It's not like the non-criminals exactly have a lot of info on criminals to bring forth.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I was a big fan of Vick until last year.

I'm from the ATL and have pulled for the Falcons since they were an expansion team in 1965. I suffered through a lot of dismal seasons.

When we got Vick and a new owner and a new coach, we had high hopes. We finally made the Superbowl and lost.

Made it to the Superbowl WITHOUT Vick.

Vick is/was exciting to watch. He rushed for 1000yds. But his other stats were dismal. And he's all about Vick. It's a TEAM sport. We lost a lot of 3 point games because of him.

Yep, he is all about Vick.  You run to keep a lead, you don't run to catch up and with his fumbles and interceptions, they were usually behind.

I personally do not find him exciting to watch and never have.  His play is not conducive to winning and I find winning exciting.

Last year, he got booed. His reaction was to flip off the fans. and then did it again in a press conference. Even then, we didn't give up on him. This year, they hired Patrino to straighten him out. Then this dogfighting thing. Now the Falcons are in trouble without a QB.

The QB they have is a better QB than Vick and they will do better with him that they would have with "mr. excitement".

Petrino wasn't gonna straighten him out and he does not have the talent or the brains to be a QB in the NFL.

Of course Vick won't get raped in prison. He's 6' 215lb, and a Star. The guards will be bringing him pina coltas at Club Fed. The RICO charges might change that though.

I think his career in football is over.

I don't think all this will happen in a Federal prison and the bubbas in prison couldn't care less about his star status.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Forgive my ignorance but what is RICO?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm from the ATL and have pulled for the Falcons since they were an expansion team in 1965. I suffered through a lot of dismal seasons.

When we got Vick and a new owner and a new coach, we had high hopes. We finally made the Superbowl and lost.

Vick is/was exciting to watch. He rushed for 1000yds. But his other stats were dismal. And he's all about Vick. It's a TEAM sport. We lost a lot of 3 point games because of him.

Yep, he is all about Vick.  You run to keep a lead, you don't run to catch up and with his fumbles and interceptions, they were usually behind.

I personally do not find him exciting to watch and never have.  His play is not conducive to winning and I find winning exciting.

Last year, he got booed. His reaction was to flip off the fans. and then did it again in a press conference. Even then, we didn't give up on him. This year, they hired Patrino to straighten him out. Then this dogfighting thing. Now the Falcons are in trouble without a QB.

The QB they have is a better QB than Vick and they will do better with him that they would have with "mr. excitement".

Petrino wasn't gonna straighten him out and he does not have the talent or the brains to be a QB in the NFL.

Of course Vick won't get raped in prison. He's 6' 215lb, and a Star. The guards will be bringing him pina coltas at Club Fed. The RICO charges might change that though.

I don't think all this will happen in a Federal prison and the bubbas in prison couldn't care less about his star status.

Harrington ?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Racketeering and Industry Corruption

Designed for Mob type stuff
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Taxman
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Harrington ?

Laugh all you want, but he is a better quarterback than Vick.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy's in pretty good shape himself.  That and his celebrity will ensure that he leaves prison with his ass cherry intact.

A lot of people here are VERY unfamiliar with the Federal Courts, the Judge on Vick's case does NOT give out lenient sentences and Federal sentences mandate that one has to do approximately 90% of the sentence BEFORE becoming eligible for parole. Federal Courts are NOT run like circuses like in the OJ case, Federal Judges will have non of that crap and one does well not to piss them off.  

Just the Dog fighting, he is looking at a max of 4 years and some change, the Racketeering charges alone that Feds are expected to bring, Vick will be facing serious jail time.

Automatic win of the No. 1 "Warmed my Heart" Post of the Year Award.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Taxman

Uh, no.  It's the Racketeer-Influenced Corrupt Organization law.

And the Feds have gotten quite creative with how they use it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Henry Hudson's job before becoming a federal judge?

Director of the U.S. Marshals Service.

Oh yeah, Hudson knows how to hit the long ball.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

No he won't.  His legal team is working their asses off to get him a deal now...BEFORE the grand jury brings further charges...which have been delivered by the federal prosecutor.  IF he cops quickly, the rumor mill says he'll get a 1-2 stretch in the pen (camp Longest Yard) and a long probation, with permission to continue his NFL career.  IF he fights the charges and loses, which he will, he risks it all:  a long stretch, no more NFL, no nuthin'.

He is pretty dumb...so he may fight it, but his legal firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe is trying to change his mind.

No kidding!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#45]
His lawyers have until Friday to decide on a plea deal.  Right now, Vick is trying to find a way to cop a plea which still allows him to play football.  I'm sure the possibility of follow-on RICO charges (and losing his assets) is on his mind as well.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I hope I'm wrong, but I'll bet he cops a plea, does less than 12 months time, and is back in the NFL the season after he exits jail.

I can't stand him, never have been able to. He has always projected the "it's all about me" image, sux as a NFL QB, and has had that thug thing going.

Time will tell, but Harrington could easily be a better QB. Just look at Vick's QB numbers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I hope I'm wrong, but I'll bet he cops a plea, does less than 12 months time, and is back in the NFL the season after he exits jail.

I can't stand him, never have been able to. He has always projected the "it's all about me" image, sux as a NFL QB, and has had that thug thing going.

Time will tell, but Harrington could easily be a better QB. Just look at Vick's QB numbers.

Just about any QB in the league is a better QB than Vick, including most backups.  Hell, Schaub should have been the starter as of about the middle of the '05 season.

You are right about the "all about me" crap, both in his play and his off field personna.  I can't stand anyone who refers to themselves in the third person.  He does his best to project the thug image on the field when the camera is on him and in the interviews I have seen even before all this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
His lawyers have until Friday to decide on a plea deal.  Right now, Vick is trying to find a way to cop a plea which still allows him to play football.  I'm sure the possibility of follow-on RICO charges (and losing his assets) is on his mind as well.  

If there was any charector left in the NFL he'd  be out of football for good already. But sadly it appears to be going the way of the NBA, what with Tank and Vick the rest of the thug wannabes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

No he won't.  His legal team is working their asses off to get him a deal now...BEFORE the grand jury brings further charges...which have been delivered by the federal prosecutor.  IF he cops quickly, the rumor mill says he'll get a 1-2 stretch in the pen (camp Longest Yard) and a long probation, with permission to continue his NFL career.  IF he fights the charges and loses, which he will, he risks it all:  a long stretch, no more NFL, no nuthin'.

He is pretty dumb...so he may fight it, but his legal firm of Dewey, Cheatham & Howe is trying to change his mind.

No kidding!

If the DA has such good evidence, with more Fed charges pending, why would the prosecutor take such a crappy deal?  One year?  And he gets to play football?  WTF?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:37:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding!

If the DA has such good evidence, with more Fed charges pending, why would the prosecutor take such a crappy deal?  One year?  And he gets to play football?  WTF?

No change in the morning line here in the Commonwealth.  His lawyers are still trying to get him a short stretch.  The Feds are waiting to slap him hard with more if he doesn't cop and take a "short" sentence.  

I would like the bum to simply go away and never be seen in a football uniform again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top