Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2007 4:07:54 PM EDT
Well, it was beautiful and I enjoyed it immensely, but it's nice to be back in the good old USA.  Everyone there carried guns, it was lovely really.  Except the tourists of course, but still, it made me feel safe at night walking from one hotspot to another!  Enjoy the pics!

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics.

What were you in Ecuador for? Any pics of gun carrying? What did they carry?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are some beautiful pics.  I'd love to see that part of the world some day.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat, thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool. Now I never have to go there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow the beetle dwarfed the frog/toad in your hand.  Ecuador looks beautiful.  What cities did you visit?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow the beetle dwarfed the frog/toad in your hand.  Ecuador looks beautiful.  What cities did you visit?

quito, bellavista cloud forest/hummingbird reserve, coca, tiputini biodiversity station (middle of nowhere amazon, took us 7 hours to get there by boat/truck) and some other places around quito; odavala and papallacta, the hot springs.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice pics.

What were you in Ecuador for? Any pics of gun carrying? What did they carry?

no, they were pretty stern about taking pictures of the guards...i didnt see most of the guns because they were concealed, the guards carried clubs in thier hands but i saw them draw down on some guy from the window of the hostel, and several nights we heard shots.  i never felt in danger though, since the guard in front of our hostel had one too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top