Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2007 12:29:52 PM EDT
Just got the the new READERS DIGEST in the mail. Its got excerpts from the book "UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT". Its about the Duke Lacross Rape case. I knew it was bad but didnt really know how bad until I read the story. It is down right scary to think about what the DA, the police, and the school did to these players. All on the word of one person with no evidence at all. Its really hard for me believe that this can happen in this country. You can go to readersdigest.com/duke too see parts of it. But for the entire story youll have to buy a READERS DIGEST. Everybody needs to read this story. I swear Im physically sick from reading this story. What the hell has gone wrong with this country?????

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Moral of the story....Don't get cheap, drunk strippers. When it comes to strippers, you usually get what you pay for
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Moral of the story....Don't get cheap, drunk strippers. When it comes to strippers, you usually get what you pay for

And this comes from experience?  I agree, this country is pretty F'd up on its morals.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Its really hard for me believe that this can happen in this country.

I was working at Duke Medical Center Hospital during that fiasco.  

You have no idea just how ludicrous it was unless you lived or worked in Durham, NC.

Nifong?......he deserves hanging!......and the families of the wrongfully accused will MAKE SURE his life is living hell for a long time to come!

The black community of Durham deserves a whoopin too! They refused to listen to the facts of the case! It was simply a chance to get back at "Da rich white guys"!!

I hope the familes sue the crap out of her!

Those guys were STUPID!......but they aren't rapists!

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]

I was working at Duke Medical Center Hospital during that fiasco.

The story stated that 3 doctors and 5 nurses stated there was no evidence of a rape, then one nurse spoke up and said that she thought the girl was telling the truth and thats what the police and the DA wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
TND
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have put off looking at this thread all day because I didn't want to get pissed off on Monday (makes for a long week) . But dammit a train wreck is a train wreck . . . The prosecuting attorney got what he deserved (probably not enough if you ask those kids and their families).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top