Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 6:33:32 AM EDT

...will it effect your opinion/vote for Fred?

When I heard one of the Fox talking heads mention that scenario, my heart sank.

I don't care if Karl Rove is a "magnificent bastard", he's tone deaf on the border, Iraq, democrats, etc.

Not to mention the fervor he stirs up in the moonbats.

I hope Fred stays far away from him...

Kevin "Bush is tainted."

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup.....Karl needs to go private, I'm sure he can wrangle a cushy high 6 figure gig somewhere
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
One things for certain, if he does go to the Thompson camp and Fred wins, DU heads will be exploding for days......and that's a good thing in my book.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally speaking, no, it wouldn't bother me.  Rove is a strategist who went into policy making and probably shouldn't have.  Like all political operatives, he doesn't "care" about much besides winning.  Thompson would use him toward that end but Rove certainly wouldn't be his "puppet master".  I'll leave that sort of speculation to DU.

However, Rove has been very successfully demonized in the MSM and some of that would most certainly rub off onto Thompson.  My guess is that he will be one of many consultants, but certainly not the "right hand man" that Rove appears to have been for Bush.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:45:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
One things for certain, if he does go to the Thompson camp and Fred wins, DU heads will be exploding for days......and that's a good thing in my book.  

+1

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

...will it effect your opinion/vote for Fred?

When I heard one of the Fox talking heads mention that scenario, my heart sank.

I don't care if Karl Rove is a "magnificent bastard", he's tone deaf on the border, Iraq, democrats, etc.

Not to mention the fervor he stirs up in the moonbats.

I hope Fred stays far away from him...

Kevin "Bush is tainted."

I don't care about Rove one way or the other, but Fred needs to hire some campaign management talent to get his show rolling.

As far as Rove being tone death, Fred Thompson is the man who would set the tone on such issues as the border, Iraq, Guns, etc....

If its the other way around, with Fred letting his campaign people mode his views, then Fred would quickly become indistinguishable from his rivals.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Plus another one.  And a happy dance!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...will it effect your opinion/vote for Fred?...

Yes.  I don't care for Rove, I don't care for some of the tactics he/his people authored/ordered in my home state in judicial races, and I think he carries an unshakable stigma at the national level.

I am wholeheartedly behind FDT right now... I certainly would have to rethink that if Rove came on board.

Fred is a smart guy.

He won't touch Rove with a ten foot pole.

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey,

Update:

radaronline.com/exclusives/2007/08/will-karl-rove-save-fred-thompson.php

"Asked about the prospect of a Rove-run campaign, former Rove spokesman and current Thompson spokesman (ahem) Mark Corallo tells Radar, "I really don't think Karl Rove is going to have anything to do with any campaign in 2008... I talked to him today, and we shared some e-mails and I told him, 'Enjoy your time with your family and take care of [your wife] Darby.'"

Phew, hopefully he stays away from Fred...

Kevin "Hopefully."
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]
If it helps Fred get elected - and getting Republicans elected is Rove's specialty - then I'm all for it.

What role Rove plays after the elections is Fred's call.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...will it effect your opinion/vote for Fred?...

Yes.  I don't care for Rove, I don't care for some of the tactics he/his people authored/ordered in my home state in judicial races, and I think he carries an unshakable stigma at the national level.

I am wholeheartedly behind FDT right now... I certainly would have to rethink that if Rove came on board.

So you don't feel that accusing political opponents of being child molesters is OK?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd rather see Newt running the campaign. Or second chair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top